Charater Creator v2

Amy5

Nov 9, 2015
Hello everyone, it is me someone that most, if not all, of you don't know. ;P
If any of you remember I made a character generator using dice, and while it did work (to an extent) it was troublesome to use. In an effort to make more into what I wanted it to be, I put forth my recently reacquired programming skills, and made this!
How to use:
1) Install the MVCP update here. (if you already have then you don't need to)
a) For the 32(test) version to work install this update here.
2) Download the corresponding TiTS CG.zip file.
3) Extract it for the TiTS Character Generator.exe (Might be optional).
4) Follow the directions in the program and select the options accordingly.
5) Finally, input the results into the beginning of the game and enjoy!
---
The program goes as far as to the point just before choosing one's Sexual Gift, and it will not generate a name for your character to use.
Feedback is welcome. :)
-Edit3-
(Removed edits 1 and 2)
Thank you to everyone who helped me with the error report and advice. Thanks to it, and then some, this program shall now pass!
-Edit4-
Added a 32bit (test) generator. I say test because I am not sure if it will run.

Attachments

• TiTS CG.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 148
  • TITSCG-32.zip
    16 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Kyrant

Mar 5, 2016
Doesn't work for me. This is what it says, quote on quote; "The program can't start because MSVCP140D.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
Literally no idea what MSVCP140D.dll is... N'or where I get that.

Reactions: Silestaur

Silestaur

Dec 7, 2016
Moscow
www.patreon.com
Doesn't work for me. This is what it says, quote on quote; "The program can't start because MSVCP140D.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
Literally no idea what MSVCP140D.dll is... N'or where I get that.
It's some library of MV C++ if I understand it correctly. I download it from microsoft site and tried install it, but windows told me, that I have it already :)

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Doesn't work for me. Says I'm missing "MSVCP140D.dll" whatever that is. Using Windows 10 if it matters.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
No.

@Amy5: Compile a Release version and link the librar(y/ies).

Last edited:

Amy5

Nov 9, 2015
@noobsaleh I'll try and look on how to do that, I wasn't sure how. I just copied the exe file and put it into a zip folder.
@Kaz93 If there is a virus in this then I didn't program it in.
The program I used to code this was Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, so ill try and publish it then re-upload it. Sorry for the hassle.
-EDIT-
Okay so I found the 'publish button' but it gave me a number of .git files and folder and I can't seem to find the a 'Release' button, at least not yet, still looking.
-Edit2-
I have made no progress and after watching a few videos... I'm just as lost as I was before. :(
The only thing I can think of to get this to work for other atm is to, the user also download VS 2015 and copy my .cpp file into their project and run it like that. Though that would d\more than likely cause more problems than it would solve. :(
I will try looking into more into how to get the application to work without extra downloads and working on other computers w/o VS2015. Thank you to those who were willing to at least try this, and give feedback and sorry it didn't work "out of the box."

Last edited:

OatmealNookie

Nov 22, 2016
Looks like it's just the current MS C++ base library that needs to be installed. It's one of the downsides to the 44 years of flat-on-your-back compatibility C entails. The usual way to deal with it is to have a dedicated installer exe that installs your files, and automates the 3rd party lib install also.

I strongly suggest just learning C# and avoiding the issue. No more header files also.

Amy5

Nov 9, 2015
So, my problem is using C++ in the first place?
The only other programming language I know (haven't practiced it in years) is Java. My school only teaches C++ since it is more commonly used in game development.
If they hold a workshop in C# I'll make sure to attend it, otherwise I am still at a lost as to what to do.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
"C++ is too hard, use C#"

Probably not the best advice.

Chase

May 13, 2016
C# is basically Java that has been Microsofted. Eclipse + WindowBuilder makes Java GUI development not unreasonable in difficulty.

Amy5

Nov 9, 2015
Was able to get it to work now (hopefully). I tested this on a different computer and it worked so I am hoping it will work for everyone else as well! Enjoy and leave any and all feedback! ;)

Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Works fine for me. Tons of grammar errors though.

Amy5

Nov 9, 2015
@Silestaur What link and folder did you try? For I don't believe the program will work if you cross them. The first link is for the 64-bit version and the second is for the 86-bit version The first folder is 64 and the second folder is 86 (hoping that one is compatible with 32 systems)

@noobsaleh Is the grammar errors though out the entire program, just the beginning or end? Can you proved an example?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Uh I already deleted it and can't remember off the top of my head, but here's an example.

You were brought into this universe...and was identified...

Other than that, it's more that the English sounds a bit awkward. But it's just a randomizer so it's not a big deal.