Character exporting, or semi-new game+

svnhddbst

Dec 4, 2015
I think it would be a useful feature, for testing or general enjoyment, to be able to export or start a new game, with the same character.

So you can breeze through and re-read first encounters and plot developments, without any of the money or xp grind, or needing to manually re-edit a character to match your previous character after starting a new game.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
While yeah that would be useful, especially when you get bad ended after not having saved 2 hours into a play session...

We can save edit the save files pretty easily, so why bother?

Also, I'm afraid you posted this thread in the wrong subforum :

svnhddbst

Dec 4, 2015
While yeah that would be useful, especially when you get bad ended after not having saved 2 hours into a play session...

where should i move it to?

about the save edit; i am just a bigger supporter of the concept of "if you want at thing in a program/game, get it into the thing, not rely on a third party program to do it" where ever possible.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
where should i move it to?
You can't move it, and i'd advise you against double posting, but ideally this should probably have gone in the TiTS's general subforum. You can always pray to the forum gods by @ing them for them to move your thread, though.

about the save edit; i am just a bigger supporter of the concept of "if you want at thing in a program/game, get it into the thing, not rely on a third party program to do it" where ever possible.
People who financially contribute to the game have access to a save editor, iirc.
Besides, the game has a lot of fan-written content in it, why would a fan coded editor be any different?

I mean, Fen&co don't have infinite ressources, and from what I've heard they're currently pretty busy with ship combat and ship upgrades, and they have huge backlog of content that's waiting to be implemented, so they have to define priorities and stick to it.
There's always a chance that new game+ will be implemented later in the game's development, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zavos

princezilla

Aug 24, 2016

Actually if you read that full post it explicitly says that the exception to the "don't post it here unless you plan to write it" rule is purely technical ideas. So this is the correct place for this.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Actually if you read that full post it explicitly says that the exception to the "don't post it here unless you plan to write it" rule is purely technical ideas. So this is the correct place for this.
I can't believe I didn't even remember this. Guess I'm just too used to people wrongfully posting in the Ideas thread...
@svnhddbst Sorry about my 1st reply. I apologize.

@Nephilim_Anunnaki Okay, so I reread everything and it seems I misunderstood your first post. Still, I don't quite understand why you'd want Fen&co to work on a better official save editor when the fanmade one works just as well and is up to date and free and safe? Even if you're already a backer?
Because for me that'd be he same as using time and resources on making something that already exists?

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
I can't believe I didn't even remember this. Guess I'm just too used to people wrongfully posting in the Ideas thread...
@svnhddbst Sorry about my 1st reply. I apologize.

@Nephilim_Anunnaki Okay, so I reread everything and it seems I misunderstood your first post. Still, I don't quite understand why you'd want Fen&co to work on a better official save editor when the fanmade one works just as well and is up to date and free and safe? Even if you're already a backer?
Because for me that'd be he same as using time and resources on making something that already exists?

When I said better, I meant updated (I find it lacks some stuff).
Dunno, maybe you have a point but I remember (maybe I am wrong) but was what they promised at the offbeatr campaign, it's not like I care (I can do with a fanmade while is as good as) but a promise is a promise (mostly when you got money for that and was one of the reasons I pledged).
Anyway I am happy already with the product so I don't complain really.