Character customization

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Is just something I was pondering (don't kill me if is stupid).
Leaving aside save editing, just giving an option (aside character race choice) to customize your character at creation, in case you want, dunno, a kaithrit tails with gryvain wings, etc.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Good news for you: TF items are one of the central (even if still optional) mechanics of TiTS. Just look around; there's a bunch of options available in various shops and as drops. For a full list, you can check the TiTS wiki. Just know that you may not get the exact changes you want and prepare for either having lots of credits on hand or having to save scum for your perfect look. ;p

and yeah save editor is if you're fine with cheating in a look you're desperate for. Though some things aren't obtainable except by save editing, but I recommend making sure you actually can't get them by legitimate means because the TFs are part of the experience and it's more satisfying that way anyway.

Reactions: Kesil

Koshka

Oct 2, 2015
For me, using cheats can only be justified if you're playing in some overbugged barely playable piece of code. And using cheats in TiTS? That's a true crime, seriously.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Yeah , all of you guys are right, but as I tried to say, all this TF system (aside save editing, which is ok, but I meant a way actually in game) is random, I meant something you actually pick (the same way you pick some options in character creation).
Dunno, I meant, we are in a futuristic scifi universe and you can modify your body, but you cannot have control of some changes? come on!

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Yeah , all of you guys are right, but as I tried to say, all this TF system (aside save editing, which is ok, but I meant a way actually in game) is random, I meant something you actually pick (the same way you pick some options in character creation).
Dunno, I meant, we are in a futuristic scifi universe and you can modify your body, but you cannot have control of some changes? come on!

It is canon that the changes are random for everyone unless you get a very specific mod (which tend to be custom made and thus very expensive).

And frankly it makes sense mass produced mods wouldn’t be very specific. It’s cheaper to make a one size fits all deal than make a bunch of very specific mods that not everyone will buy. This also has the bonus of getting people to buy again if they don’t get the change they want. Similar deal to random collectibles; just good business even if annoying to the consumer.

As nice as it would be to have a custom mod maker in the game, it would probably be a coding nightmare assuming it’s even doable at all.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
For me, using cheats can only be justified if you're playing in some overbugged barely playable piece of code. And using cheats in TiTS? That's a true crime, seriously.
Why is there so much hate for TiTSed?! Can you really blame me for not wanting to waste an hour getting my character the way I want when there's a resource that allows me to do it better and change and tweak even more aspects, that's both far easier to use and only takes about 5 minutes?

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Why is there so much hate for TiTSed?! Can you really blame me for not wanting to waste an hour getting my character the way I want when there's a resource that allows me to do it better and change and tweak even more aspects, that's both far easier to use and only takes about 5 minutes?

And some things aren't even obtainable in game. Like SynthSap (for male Vanae tfs), which exists in the game's code but is still not in the actual game and seems unlikely to. I wanted the Vanae cum and there's literally no way to get it legitimately. So I had to edit the item into my inventory (I didn't directly edit because I wanted to see the tf scene). There's also a bunch of species parts that are in the code but don't have items yet so you have to save edit to get them (e.g. draconic, kangaroo, Simii, etc).

I usually will take a legit route to see what happens when my character gets a specific tf for the scene, but after I know what a TF scene looks like and it's too hard to get that particular change, I would save edit the change in and pretend I didn't reload the changes out. Some of us unfortunately do not have the luxury of hours for save scumming and running around worlds trying to tweak out the changes we didn't want and get changes we want back (yes, it legit took me an hour or two of save scumming to get the exact Capraphorm changes I wanted and avoiding the ones I didn't; never again).

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
It is canon that the changes are random for everyone unless you get a very specific mod (which tend to be custom made and thus very expensive).

And frankly it makes sense mass produced mods wouldn’t be very specific. It’s cheaper to make a one size fits all deal than make a bunch of very specific mods that not everyone will buy. This also has the bonus of getting people to buy again if they don’t get the change they want. Similar deal to random collectibles; just good business even if annoying to the consumer.

As nice as it would be to have a custom mod maker in the game, it would probably be a coding nightmare assuming it’s even doable at all.

If it's a nightmare code ok, I love TiTS as it is now.
About canon, dunno, my doubt came because when asked some npcs about their mods, made me think that everybody looks like they wanted to but captain Steele. Gave me the idea to be able to customize your body as you wanted even if it's expensive (in someway the old Steele did to you), heck, even would be a cool bad end if you abuse and can't afford (as happend to Reaha).
But hey, I liked your point.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
If it's a nightmare code ok, I love TiTS as it is now.
About canon, dunno, my doubt came because when asked some npcs about their mods, made me think that everybody looks like they wanted to but captain Steele. Gave me the idea to be able to customize your body as you wanted even if it's expensive (in someway the old Steele did to you), heck, even would be a cool bad end if you abuse and can't afford (as happend to Reaha).
But hey, I liked your point.

If you encounter Gil by walking out of Fur Effect with Pupper Poppers, the randomness of the mods is actually the main part of his little quest. Sera also mentioned at least one instance of getting a change she didn't want for the price of getting another (it was getting phosphorescent nipples together with her horns). And to be fair, most NPCs are either solidly one kind of morph (so they can just keep using a transformative until they're done) or they had mods that can be very specific like genital and boob mods so not much of them changed. Certain changes are also just easy to get while others are hard as heck. It's really all a crapshoot and having enough money for backup.

The ones that actually fine tuned their look without much issue would be people like Dr. Lessau and his staff, all of whom made their own mods (Cynthia and Walt made Holstaria and Lupinol, respectively; Lessau likely either had the tools to only get changes he wants or spamming different changes simply isn't an issue for him since he has access to all materials).

Otherwise, heavy modding is an expensive pursuit no just from the initial price tag but also from having to make many adjustments if you're really unlucky.