Cerespirin nymph colors.

Alexa

Aug 30, 2015
I want some dark green leaves, yo, not this yellow-green garbage. Can I get that color of leaf hair without having to save edit? Same for skin.

I don't know who wrote the Cerespirin TF, but whoever you are, thank you for your contribution to the world. Holy crap such a nice TF.

Reactions: Milkman

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Pretty sure you can just use the hair saloon to change the color. Otherwise Rainbowtox should also work, though savescumming is advised with that.

Reactions: Cryon

Cryon

Nov 12, 2016
Pretty sure you can just use the hair saloon to change the color. Otherwise Rainbowtox should also work, though savescumming is advised with that.
I'll +1 this I've found many of the transforms have a 2-4 effect completely random modifier which is a little unfair if you are trying to make a specific custom look which is the point of transforms no? to that end i pretty-much always save scum before transforms or who knows what parts i might grow or delete! save scum for life!

Reactions: CloudStriker

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
TF RNG is a well-documented frustration that is here to stay, as far as I can tell. It made a lot more sense in CoC. In TiTS, where the TF's are marketed products, an element of randomness is just completely nonsensical. But it's just kind of a game mechanic at this point. If save-editing and/or save scumming wasn't possible, though, I think a lot of people would have much bigger problems with it.

I mean, I have a feeling a huge portion of Fen's audience just cheats to get the character they want, so I don't really know why the TF's and the game itself aren't designed to allow people to pick and choose whatever they want without cheating.

My perspective is that that's backward thinking. Given most will savescum to get their perfect character anyway, keeping an element of randomness in the TFs to allow players who want a more exciting time with them instead is harmless.

There's also a whole tier of mods that provide extremely specific TFs, so the precedent is there if people want to quickly create something they particularly want with no other effects.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
TF RNG is a well-documented frustration that is here to stay, as far as I can tell. It made a lot more sense in CoC. In TiTS, where the TF's are marketed products, an element of randomness is just completely nonsensical. But it's just kind of a game mechanic at this point. If save-editing and/or save scumming wasn't possible, though, I think a lot of people would have much bigger problems with it.

I mean, I have a feeling a huge portion of Fen's audience just cheats to get the character they want, so I don't really know why the TF's and the game itself aren't designed to allow people to pick and choose whatever they want without cheating.
Because we are feasting on people's frustration. It's obvious.

Also, it would make TF's notably more complicated technically. Catnip is much more code-heavy than most other TFs and has a lot of cheesy things which can lead to weird behavior. Also, it is much easier to code TF in conventional style.

Also, there are people who want to have (and overcome) problems with perfecting their character.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
keeping an element of randomness in the TFs to allow players who want a more exciting time with them instead is harmless.
Also, there are people who want to have (and overcome) problems with perfecting their character.

Still, might have been a good idea to reserve all that excitement for specifically volatile or semi-legal mods and the TFs that Junior undergoes after eating some random alien junkfood, CoC style.

That may also make it so the 'oops, gene-mod fucked-up' scenario won't be such a a go-to handwave.

As it is, the awfulness of gene modding companies customer service is so exaggerated it ain't even funny. I can only imagine what it must be like for Xenogen's Tech Support.

However this
Also, it would make TF's notably more complicated technically. Catnip is much more code-heavy than most other TFs and has a lot of cheesy things which can lead to weird behavior. Also, it is much easier to code TF in conventional style.
kinda trumps all of the above.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
As it is, the awfulness of gene modding companies customer service is so exaggerated it ain't even funny. I can only imagine what it must be like for Xenogen's Tech Support.
I kind of trying to make my things reliable. But simple "eat the pill, get the result" things are bland. You can use save edit as well. Also, it is a well-known medicine paradox: the more simple effect drug should have, the more complicated the drug itself should be. Also, don't forget all that differences different alien race should have - and the drug should work in the same way for every one of them. So it makes sense that highly targeted TFs with little to no side effects would be immensely complicated end expensive. Or custom tailored for a specific person (and therefore extremely expensive es well). Latter would make sense within the world, but it would be difficult to write such a service.

Cryon

Nov 12, 2016
Still, might have been a good idea to reserve all that excitement for specifically volatile or semi-legal mods and the TFs that Junior undergoes after eating some random alien junkfood, CoC style.

I completely agree with this one, high end micro surgeon assisted mods from medical giga-corps should be permanent with subtle side effects or no side effects at all the justification here being that anything that isn't alterable by the genetic re-writes can be nanoprinted by the microbots themselves, as resources aren't really a problem we are talking about a universe where a single pirate faction can own their own moonbase and has access to incredibly sophisticated artificial intelligence, what could a legitimate galaxy spanning giga-corporation do with resources like that? I know what i'd do, i'd go to a planet sample everyone with microsurgeons at a regular checkup by scanning their microsurgeons via nurse droid and batch analyse a billion billion samples of dna for Q+A purposes. because a reliable product is a product that outsells everyone else, and the code for that is about as complicated as a streaming service and that's not to mention what you seem to be able to do with grey goo in the field with no tools or prep time to speak of.

Now, that said smaller planet based companies, alien snacks, eggs, random slime, plants and enemy encounters aught to be the random Tf's where the results are highly random but mostly temporary the result of random genetic edits and your own microsurgeon boosted immune system deleting small things, like warts and rashes, scales, oversized nails, extra tails, things that modify your eye and hair color etc. Then you can get your butt back to a medical droid and work off a credit debt for them to patch you up piece by piece probably involving pesudo, or actual sexual scenes, given the tone of the game's medical droids... for example nut reduction/removal an injection in your balls that dissolves them and then the droid has to manually stimulate you to make you ejaculate the dissolved tissue which just so happens to have turned to a bulging load.

So, personally i would say the game's transforms aren't perfect but let's be serious.. nothing is perfect even my suggested ideas here don't make it perfect, it's one person's idea of how to improve a system which may or may not be other people's even though i think it makes sense, However as Nik_van_Rijn pointed out, development and code level complication of said transforms basically trumps all, especially if there are hidden limitations hardcoded 'Somewhere' into the game that need deeper editing... so all in all the game can be refined down to a certain level that the devs are happy with creating and maintaining and the players are happy with playing and providing feedback the question really is what point that is. ( personally i hope we still have time to make some useful suggestions! )

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Implemented some edits in the pull request (#1007).

This should add "dark green" to Cerespirin's color library (for both skin and hair). It should also add "dark green" as well as some other colors to Ceria's hair/fur dye options. Ceria's color functions have also been redone to be a bit more malleable--like if there is ever a the option to "unlock" new colors (like unlocking new penis shapes in the goo menu), that can be possible without much issue.

Alexa

Aug 30, 2015
Implemented some edits in the pull request (#1007).

This should add "dark green" to Cerespirin's color library (for both skin and hair). It should also add "dark green" as well as some other colors to Ceria's hair/fur dye options. Ceria's color functions have also been redone to be a bit more malleable--like if there is ever a the option to "unlock" new colors (like unlocking new penis shapes in the goo menu), that can be possible without much issue.

I made another thread in bug reports, did you catch wind of that? I was asking for nipple color to be a darker variation of skin color, like it should be, as well as some other things.

Also thanks for putting that in!

Last edited: