Captain Steele Grieving

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
I had been wondering about Captain Steele's age after meeting Velta, because before that I had assumed Steele to be 18. But I learned we are older than Velta.

So now I find it impressive how the captain had remained a virgin until the start of our campaign, you didn't exactly have sheltered upbringing with being encouraged to go out and be either be Smuggler/Merc/Tech Spec.

Like the death of the pops must have had a big impact on Steele's personality, to be going from prude to total slut. How did our captain used to think? Going out on space adventures filled with temptation everywhere, how did they do it? Why? Not like they are shy at all.

Whatever their reason was, should we feel sad that in the end it was grief that released them from their inhibitions?

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

TheShepard256

it was grief that released them from their inhibitions?
This might not be the case, depending on how you want to roleplay your Steele. For instance, you could have a Steele that remains a virgin until they meet the right person, or even to the end of the game. As another example, here's how I roleplay my Steele:

Prior to the Planet Rush, Isabel wasn't particularly adventurous - mostly, she just followed Victor whenever he asked her to, and never strayed far from him (or Briget, or her mum) while outside familiar territory. Of course, once she went on to higher education and employment, she couldn't do that anymore. Now, sex isn't hard to come by in the TiTS 'verse, but it's rarely something that "just happens" to people. Isabel never really got into situations where people would try to fuck her - and when she did, she rejected them due to either workplace fraternisation policies or them being an asshole (or worse). It's not that she was a prude in any way - in fact, much of what she learned from Victor (both directly and indirectly) has given her both an encyclopaedic knowledge of sex and an interest in experiencing it for herself - she just didn't actively seek it out.
Victor's death and final request changed all that. Isabel's loyalty to her dad and Steele Tech outweighed her preference for staying within her comfort zone, so she went on the Planet Rush - where suddenly, she found herself with plenty of opportunities to act on her libido without going out of her way or having to settle for terrible partners. As a result, she got pregnant before she even set foot on Mhen'ga, and the only reason she didn't lose her penile virginity until Tarkus was because she didn't even have a cock until then.
She's still grieving over her father's death, but that's a private issue for her, and if anything it's actually lowered her libido - negative emotions are not very conducive to being horny.

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
As another example, here's how I roleplay my Steele

Fabulous! And very close to my own headcanon. I also like seeing myself as a kind of daddy 's girl who hasn't had an interest in other men or, for that matter, women for a long time.

As a result, she got pregnant before she even set foot on Mhen'ga, and the only reason she didn't lose her penile virginity until Tarkus was because she didn't even have a cock until then.

I have rather the opposite. Penile virginity on F.I.R.S.T.-14 (in earlier versions, Aina was my first), my anal and vaginal were claimed by Ciaran on NT (This guy reminds me a bit of Cole Turner from Charmed, which was once one of my favorite TV shows).

Children...
Before the game began to send me forcibly to Mhenga (0.8.058+), I often walked around Tavros Station and as a result, Aina became the mother of my first child. Now I often forget about her, mainly Sera is the father (or mother) of my children.
I also absolutely do not mind having children with Mirrin, but usually I only get to know her when training my stats to the maximum, after reaching level 10 (usually by the time of searching for a probe on Zheng Shi). What a shame that you can only have children with her once...

P.S. You know what you can buy Throbb from Penny? Or is gender reassignment only after reaching Tarkus was purely roleplaying?
P.P.S. I wonder if TiTS (like CoC and CoC2) had the ability to start with a non-virgin character, many players would use it?

Last edited:

TheShepard256

P.S. You know what you can buy Throbb from Penny? Or is gender reassignment only after reaching Tarkus was purely roleplaying?
Partly Isabel's aversion to illegal drugs, mostly roleplaying. It all started when Syri (who she gave her anal virginity to) gave her her panties, and then she returned the favour. She went to buy some new panties from Aliss, and decided to get the hardlight upgrade out of curiosity. After testing it out on Erra and liking it, she decided to find out what the real deal feels like - as it turns out, she was in the earliest stages of exploring Tarkus at this point, so she took the nearest cock-growth TF she could - Futazona (available from the vending machines in the Mess). She was going to give her penile virginity to Anno, but then Kaede appeared, which led to a threesome, so she considers the taker(s) of her penile virginity to be both Anno and Kaede.
(The panties would later be gifted to Fisianna.)

Also, it's technically not gender reassignment - she remained a woman, she just changed sex from female to hermaphrodite.
I also like seeing myself as a kind of daddy girl who hasn't had an interest in other men or, for that matter, women for a long time.
She's not really a "daddy's girl"; not like Gwyn from CoC2. Maybe she was a non-sexual version when she was younger, and she definitely takes after him more than she does her mother, but she now recognises his flaws and mistakes while still admiring (respecting? Somewhere between the two) his accomplishments.

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
I... could certainly do with a Ciaran-Belthazor Halloween event.

Hmm, speaking of the witch. I have not yet seen an event with Ciaran, this year I did not play during Halloween, on last year's halloween, I haven't met him yet... This will need to be fixed ...

Also, it's technically not gender reassignment - she remained a woman, she just changed sex from female to hermaphrodite.

Sorry, I am constantly confused in these terms (despite all the efforts of Codex to constantly remind me of this in my character profile)... But I meant exactly sex change from a woman to a hermaphrodite.

P.S. Only I am annoyed that Anno invites me immediately after recruiting / loading the save, and Syri does this even BEFORE the official start of our relationship (and meeting Anno!)? In order not to upset Anno with a refusal (and keep at least some logic in my relationship with Syri), I have to change the system date before entering the game and (if Syri barely knows me) spend some time with Syri in the relationship before returning the system date back and let Syri invite me?

TheShepard256

Sorry, I am constantly confused in these terms (despite all the efforts of Codex to constantly remind me of this in my character profile)... But I meant exactly sex change from a woman to a hermaphrodite.
That's understandable; the whole sex/gender thing is rather complicated. For reference:
  • Sex is the biological aspect i.e. your genitals: male (penis/prostate/etc.), female (vagina/uterus/etc.), hermaphrodite (both) and neuter (neither).
  • Gender is the mental aspect i.e. your self-identity: man (he/him/his/etc.), woman (her/she/hers/etc.) and various others that fall under the umbrella category of "non-binary".
  • In real life, male and female are the only possible sexes while any gender is possible. It's not truly possible to change sex, though surgery can get a reasonable approximation and hormone replacement therapy also exists. There are also intersex people, who are of one sex but there's some ambiguity about which sex that is; the ambiguity can range from "looks a little bit off, but still clearly one sex or the other" to "almost impossible to tell which sex they are".
  • In TiTS, man and woman are the only genders represented (aside from one ambiguously gendered NPC) while any of the four sexes is possible. Transformatives mean that all potential sex changes are possible. Intersex doesn't seem to exist.
  • In both, any combination of one possible sex and one possible gender is acceptable, despite what certain groups (like religious fundamentalists) would have you believe. It might be the case that you can combine genders, but I've no idea how accurate that is.
  • In both, most people tend to stay the same gender for their entire lives. Gender-fluid people change gender multiple times.
P.S. Only I am annoyed that Anno invites me immediately after recruiting / loading the save, and Syri does this even BEFORE the official start of our relationship (and meeting Anno!)? In order not to upset Anno with a refusal (and keep at least some logic in my relationship with Syri), I have to change the system date before entering the game and (if Syri barely knows me) spend some time with Syri in the relationship before returning the system date back and let Syri invite me?
I find that annoying too: I also prefer to go with Syri (though Kaede is my preferred dance partner). And using the "tistheseason" cheat to turn Christmas events off doesn't carry over between saves, so if all your saves are in your ship you're SOL. (If you have a save outside your ship, you could load that, turn Christmas events off, go to Mhen'ga/Uveto, turn them on again, then get invited by Syri.) I wonder how that's going to the affected by crew!Syri....