cant load from file

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Sharing the context and the actual error message would be helpful (nay, essential) considering how many things could potentially be at fault in a save failing to load.

Nekotamaishi

Aug 31, 2016
Sharing the context and the actual error message would be helpful (nay, essential) considering how many things could potentially be at fault in a save failing to load.
Actually in this case, he shared all there is to know ... there is no error message, if you try to load from a existing pre-java file the game hard locks. no message, no nothing, you have to reload. I don't think its a bug so much as a compatibility issue though or lack of access to needed data since a lot of the stuff isn't in this version yet, not really sure.

Last edited:

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
Actually in this case, he shared all there is to know ... there is no error message, if you try to load from a existing pre-java file the game hard locks. no message, no nothing, you have to reload. I don't think its a bug so much as a compatibility issue though or lack of access to needed data since a lot of the stuff isn't in this version yet, not really sure.

They're loading a JSON file though, that's the one piece of info we have. That means it's not pre-JS, and it shouldn't have weird content.

Nekotamaishi

Aug 31, 2016
They're loading a JSON file though, that's the one piece of info we have. That means it's not pre-JS, and it shouldn't have weird content.
Huh? Not so. Here I will attach one of my old plays for example ... its from the pre-js version but I can try to load it in java ... it doesn't work ... but I can try. One of two things happens. The game hard locks and you have to reload, OR sometimes it will just flash and then nothing happens.. it doesn't load or anything. I don't know if its a compatibility issue, or maybe something else but thats what I think hes talking about. You can't run a JSON from pre-Javascript at least that is really far into the game.

Attachments

• Cassandra - 429 Days.json
    675.1 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: lowercase_donkey

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
Huh? Not so. Here I will attach one of my old plays for example ... its from the pre-js version but I can try to load it in java ... it doesn't work ... but I can try. One of two things happens. The game hard locks and you have to reload, OR sometimes it will just flash and then nothing happens.. it doesn't load or anything. I don't know if its a compatibility issue, or maybe something else but thats what I think hes talking about. You can't run a JSON from pre-Javascript at least that is really far into the game.

My bad; good to know.

Been a while since I had the flash version working and I lost my saves a while ago.