Can I punch better good?

Zerva

Mar 25, 2016
Made this a comment on the last patch before I realized this existed sooo here we go.

CoC, I would punch imps and goblins until I got some levels, go to the desert city, and hit the gym to get jacked. I would then get a fist weapon and punch a tiger shark repeatedly to get better punchies. Also magic to make my punchies punch harder.

TiTS has no punchies, just a claw weapon, so far as I am remembering.

Will I be able to bring down the pimp hand of god on fools in CoC2, and if so, how would it function?

1. Gauntlets/gloves that occupy the gloves slot that provide unarmed damage boosts?
2. Handwraps/gloves/whatever that occupy the weapon slot but also go over my gauntlets for some reason?
3. A set of perks or training events that allow one to boost their unarmed damage independent of gear?
4. Magic that directly boosts your strength or sets whatever weapon you have on fire and punching people with the flames?

Zerva

Mar 25, 2016
Disappointing but understandable. I am a fan of brawler style characters but I can see there being hurdles involved so I don't blame ya. Thank you for the answer!

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I would write a magic brass knuckle weapon, but only if it played a sweet guitar riff every time it was about to hit something.

Speaking seriously, though, the only type of punching weapon that doesn't result in more headaches than it's worth is something like vid related, because you can be disarmed of it the same way as any other weapon, and thus it's just a hammer with an unusual description. Anything that wraps around your arm or otherwise isn't held in your hand, or that isn't treated just like any other weapon, is asking for trouble.

Reactions: Slab Bulkhead

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Huh, that's a perspective I didn't consider. I'll have to change Garret's cestus to be more claw-y than handwrap-y.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Brass knuckles perhaps? They're held like most weapons, and despite being more secure due to the loops, a solid hit or deft hands would still remove them as they would any other. Katars or punch daggers are also held by a traditional handle. Just revise the stabby bits to be more blunt.

R

Punch daggers sound like items that could double as a sexy time helper item similar to a dildo weapon.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
There's the pata, which was an Indian weapon that essentially looked like a sword stuck onto a closed gauntlet.
The tekko iron fist, which was shaped like a D that increased the weight of the hand and also protected the hand like a crossguard.
Gadlings, which were the studs put onto the gauntlets of medieval knights (the kind of gauntlet that didn't have individual fingers).

Otherwise every other weapon that fitted in the hand were variations on the same theme, stabby-punch or punchy-stab.