Can Einin be added [as a follower]?

Lolipop

Jun 21, 2020
I understand she can't be a companion, but looking at her docs, I don't see why she can't be a follower?

Was reminded of this because Kalysea became a follower recently, and she's just like Einin .

Quests? Check
Personalized interactions? Check
Follows you around on the map? Check
Stays out of combat? Check

Plus, as with Kalysea, there won't be a need to ever reference them during non-Einin quests (unlike companions). I always picture Kalysea and Eubicha waiting patiently outside the dungeon while my character, Cait, and Brienne go fight the baddies >_<

Plus, Einin got so much content already; shame if it goes into the trash can

Lolipop

Jun 21, 2020
Given that William is working full-time on TiTS and made it clear he wasn't going to be tackling any further CoC2 projects... no, no she can't.

Why? It wouldn't require any new content made??

And forgive me if Im wrong, but isn't Will a staff member? Why would CoC/TiTS have staff members work on projects just to throw them away? Seems like a waste of time (unless that staff is working for free, of course)

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
The problem with that is that Einen doesn't have content. All she has is skeleton text and her mechanics written, not actual content a player could see. Can't exactly put her in when there's no content to speak of.

Reactions: Alliebutt

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
As mentioned, she doesn't have the level of content you think she does. This is a known fact. All the stuff required for her to have actual useful content would need to be written from scratch and that's not happening.
And forgive me if Im wrong, but isn't Will a staff member?
Yes... for TiTS. Not CoC2.
Why would CoC/TiTS have staff members work on projects just to throw them away?
Sometimes things start to get written and they don't work out, and some of the staff write things on their own time as well as what they're paid by Sav/FenCo to write. William missed the deadline for submitting Einin as a companion and what he did write isn't enough to implement, even if he was interested in doing so. Which he isn't. Which he said in the post I linked you to.

Reactions: Alliebutt

Blackguard

Jan 16, 2024
Damn, Einin sounded like a top cutie, would have loved her. I think the best thing to hope for is that Will recycles her content and design for a future game when his work is done on TiTS.

D'Angelo

Nov 20, 2020
Given that William is working full-time on TiTS and made it clear he wasn't going to be tackling any further CoC2 projects... no, no she can't.
Hey friend, sorry to go on a tangent here but in this post you linked Will says he'd deliver one last coc project, kura preg. I didn't know about that plan, and it greatly interests me.
Seeing as the post is almost one year old now do you know if he ever said he's still planning on delivering it or if he later also scrapped it?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Seeing as the post is almost one year old now do you know if he ever said he's still planning on delivering it or if he later also scrapped it?
His last direct comment I can find was a few days after that post and just repeated that it's a plan and his last comment about Kura generally is a couple months old when he was showing off commissioned art of her. So basically: :iiam:

Reactions: D'Angelo

D'Angelo

Nov 20, 2020
His last direct comment I can find was a few days after that post and just repeated that it's a plan and his last comment about Kura generally is a couple months old when he was showing off commissioned art of her. So basically: :iiam:
I see, would be great if he could eventually finish the project. Thanks for the info.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Does that mean William's CoC2 works are up for grabs if someone wants to write expansions for them? I mean if he probably isn't coming back to continue anything...