Can anyone recommend some primarily text-based games?

Lucky-38

Feb 17, 2019
Especially ones that I can actually spend some time playing around in. Things like Free Cities, CoC, TiTS, etc.

Thanks!

Obnoxious

Jun 6, 2017
Depends on what you're after; there's quite a few fun Twine/SugarCube-based games around (the same engine as Free Cities, though most are much less technical), but not many are on the same scale.

For pure scope or timesink potential, Degrees of Lewdity by Vrelnir might work for you.

Other than that, off the top of my head, the Masculine Mystique by Barabbas over on TFGames tends to get pretty universal acclaim (and deservedly so). It's unfortunately unlikely to ever be finished, but what's there is fantastic. There's also Perverted Education (lots of sissification) and The Company (hypnosis and mind control). Both of those are available on TFGames as well.

A personal favorite is Imperial by Sherlocho; lots of really nice writing and worldbuilding, but unfortunately also dead in the water.

I'd also like to mention Academy of Fetishes and Fool's Quest, though be aware there's some pretty extreme content in those. Nothing underage, thankfully, but pretty much every other type of hard-no for a lot of people.

Lucky-38

Feb 17, 2019
Depends on what you're after; there's quite a few fun Twine/SugarCube-based games around (the same engine as Free Cities, though most are much less technical), but not many are on the same scale.

For pure scope or timesink potential, Degrees of Lewdity by Vrelnir might work for you.

Other than that, off the top of my head, the Masculine Mystique by Barabbas over on TFGames tends to get pretty universal acclaim (and deservedly so). It's unfortunately unlikely to ever be finished, but what's there is fantastic. There's also Perverted Education (lots of sissification) and The Company (hypnosis and mind control). Both of those are available on TFGames as well.

A personal favorite is Imperial by Sherlocho; lots of really nice writing and worldbuilding, but unfortunately also dead in the water.

I'd also like to mention Academy of Fetishes and Fool's Quest, though be aware there's some pretty extreme content in those. Nothing underage, thankfully, but pretty much every other type of hard-no for a lot of people.
Thanks for the recommendations. Degrees of Lewdity is one I've had my eye on, and I've played The Company all the way to the end of the current developed content. I've also completed Academy of Fetishes. There was also one that was primarily text based but it had some images and stuff, kinda like a VN. I can't remember the name but it was kinda like a fantasy version of Free Cities with a bit of an RPG added on with leveling your character and slaves and such.

But yeah, thanks for the recommendations.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
To expand on the question a bit, anyone know a site like TF but for general games? I know there's the hypno one too but it seems like there'd be one for non-TF games. Like a database of text/twine games? Besides textadventures which isn't strictly adult, editthis which is a wiki that seems largely unused and chyoo which is an out of date mess that has trouble returning to the previous page these days.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
f95zone is the closest to a general repository. And even tfg isn't strict on the whole transformation theme anymore.

Jaitzche

Mar 1, 2019
You could check out the choice of games forums? If you opt in for the adult category it'll let you see some games that are NSFW, though most aren't finished. They're also a bit linear (has an ending, at least, and not really as open as the above games.