Bubble's 2nd CYOA: Discussion Thread

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
So, for those who've wanted it, this will provide a proper discussion thread and a forum-based way to update people on new CYOA releases.

Currently, I plan to make a new CYOA post once every day. This may fluctuate, but at most will aim to come out once every 3 days maximum. If you want to discuss the Adventures of Lunaris, as well as the interesting characters such as Lady Solaris, then this'll be a good place for it. Questions like what skills can include being used for, what perks can be applied to (not spoiling Hidden Potential), outfit references and so on.

Basically, consider this as an outlet to discuss the CYOA and expand on the various assets throughout it.

Adventure: Decisions Suck: Best the Strange Ruins and earn an abortion filtre, to choose whether or not to keep Solaris' child.

Quest: Rituals of Solfria (Part 1): Head south, then east to locate and acquire the blood of bandits on the Isle of Solfria.
Optional: Capture or take the ears for differing rewards. (Opted to capture.)

Last edited:

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Well, to get the discussion rolling, I'd like to put up a suggestion to make most Lunaris' reactions a bit more toned down and reserved; to make him a more introverted boyo.

Next is a question I'd like to address our GM here: does the bit in the intro about Lady Soldaria pouring her affection for both her adopted son and her daughter onto Lunaris held true for all of his life? Has he become, to some degree, a momma's boy as a result of it?

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Well, to get the discussion rolling, I'd like to put up a suggestion to make most Lunaris' reactions a bit more toned down and reserved; to make him a more introverted boyo.

Next is a question I'd like to address our GM here: does the bit in the intro about Lady Soldaria pouring her affection for both her adopted son and her daughter onto Lunaris held true for all of his life? Has he become, to some degree, a momma's boy as a result of it?
Suggestion noted :O I had planned for this sort of thing, but opted to hold off on doing it whilst the scenes were crowded with multiple characters.

As for if he's a momma's boy, it's shaping via choices currently that he isn't. Could he have a son's incestuous-like lust for Soldaria? Maybe. Who knows?

TLDR so I don't need to really break it down: Lunaris had been intended to care deeply for Soldaria, but choices made by players has already redefined my intent behind that relationship. As the current arc proceeds, it's going to basically expand via the path Lunaris takes and how much that affection holds out. Plus, this also changed somewhat already with the introduction of a female instructor (as Darya took motherly inspiration in his later life versus the early one which had memories like getting told he can't visit the sailor).

Thi

Apr 18, 2017
Just wondering when/if part 15 is coming out? I'm enjoying the series :)

Also, is the people who voted "something else" supposed to send ideas your way?

Don't wanna push it though, as I know you got other stuffs to do ;)

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Just wondering when/if part 15 is coming out? I'm enjoying the series :)

Also, is the people who voted "something else" supposed to send ideas your way?

Don't wanna push it though, as I know you got other stuffs to do ;)
Part 15 is coming. I've been looking into some stuff to add to the CYOA (along with my CoC2 stuff going on), but haven't forgotten it. Once it resumes, it's going to be running regularly again, so no worries :toot:

As for "other": yes. Generally, I'll add a blurb like "post below" after it if I want input. That can be posted here or within the CYOA thread, so as to better convey to me what idea you have. This is because while I do take the polls as pretty "hard answers", they are not SPECIFICALLY the end-all option. If I see in a poll something is viciously locked in a tie, this means that I might try to meld or merge or throw in a spin to reflect it.

Basically, input and dialogue are just as important to myself and the CYOA's direction as the little ticks of a poll. I'd actually love it if people posted more versus just voting, as voting was intended to be a faster way for people to pop in and chime in.

Thi

Apr 18, 2017
Ohkay :)

I thought maybe they found some "lost knowledge" or "artefacts" there that might be useful, or not, later.

IE: if they bring the stuff:
-it's actually helpful
-it's not helpful at all
-it's not helpful at all and got side effects
-it's useful and got side effects
What a spoiler name

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Alright, so the delay was purely to prepare some of the history and background stuff for the setting that can potentially end up revealed soon/in the future. This shouldn't force any further issues of delays. However, I've gone ahead and decided to push the time between the polls to 2 days. This will allow me to run the poll longer (if I feel it necessary), but I'll close it early if we get lots of votes in.

As usual, feedback on the CYOA can go here. Here's hoping to an uninterrupted flow for Lunaris' adventures now.