• Yellow, like the Foucray flag

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Ay guys. So last time I started a CYOA, it crumbled at around Session #3 via a lack of input. I think this time, I'm not going to worry terribly about whether or not I get X amount of votes or not before I continue. This was a great way to try and promote activity, but this board has really fallen off in the writing department and sees mostly art utilized.

So today, I'm launching up a CYOA that, in the future, will serve as an inspiration for something I may write for CoC2. This should make it obvious that I'm not here to waste my time, but to build something really cool with others in very much the same way I handle my documents being open. Here's some big things to know going forward.
  • The map is actually a very large file. It appears small, but it has both a heightmap and is utterly massive.
  • Our journey will begin in the Isle of Solfria, but the character we generate can be from anyone on the map.
  • As this is intended to inspire future work for me, this world will follow the same sort of restrictions that you'd find in CoC2. For sake of reference and religious issues, this means that the Gods of the CYOA are the same (FOR OBVIOUS REASONS, THEY ARE NOT WALKING AND LIVING AMONG THE WORLD, THOUGH), the time restriction is within the Bronze Age, and many races will be heavily inspired or drawn from CoC2.
That being said, if you're still hanging in there, let me introduce you to the world that the CYOA will be taking place in. And, of course, kick off muh RP/story stuff :O

--------------------------------------​

Brotskia
tsgeeh1.png

The world of Brotskia is one largely undomesticated, touched by the flames of a fading war. The battle between large nations that utterly broke a nearly unified world...

Nearly 100 years ago, the Strengen Imperium waged a bloody conquest from the East, devastating the known-world and bringing about great change. The island of the Oroya Confederation was invaded before any other, crippled in a surprise amphibious raid along their exposed northern shores. The carnage was vast, with fires rumored to have been visible from the coastal waters of the Enes Republic. Little did they know, they were next to be hit by devastating assaults across their eastern border. Whilst Oroya had been hit with raids that killed thousands indiscriminately, the carnage and terror alone caused the Enes Republic to capitulate in fear of what could happen to its people and its status as the strongest naval merchant in the world. Their capital, Greland, was surrendered before the end of the third week.

The Kingdom of Varnesia, however, had fought harder than the first victims of the bloody Imperium. They rallied the isolationists of the Stedenian Heartland, given armor that in this age would be considered masterworks. Together, the two nations held off the assimilated might of the Imperium as the Varden Coalition. Between the Imperium's forces of Strengen Elites, Enes-supplied fleets, and Oroyan Conscripted Myrmidons, it was astounding that the Legions of Stedenia held both nations coastlines. Many believed it thanks to their large collection of armor and siege weaponry being coupled with the marksman and trained rangers of Varnesia. However, it was more so that the fortresses within the peaks of Stedenia's mid-western coastal peaks that allowed them to see all the entire channel and prevent any naval attack. And, for Varnesia, the heavily forested reaches were haphazardly filled with traps that forced the Strengen to sail their fleet around if they didn't march through the lethal ambushes of the Varnesian soldiers.

This brutal war, however, was not the only target. Despite the defiance of the two nations, they lacked the ability to strike out at the Strengen Imperium by any means. They had no clue that the Strengen sought aid from the western hemisphere of Brotskia. The Yinesian Matriarchy, comprised what is now the nation of Foucray and the islands of Yin, were more than willing to agree to help so long as they were allowed access to the men of Oroya, who had long been known as some of the strongest. A trade of slaves to the Imperium, of course, was worth it. But the sleeping giant known then as the Roshoni Allegiance, a nation hard against such practices, caught wind of it. They, consisting of even the current day country of Marshwark within their borders, were one of the largest nations in the world in population. The Yinesian Matriarchy rose to face them in a similarly brutal clashing of lines that tore the countryside of the Colonies of Callnesia apart.

But unlike the stalemate in the East, the West shattered when the Roshoni's head leaders were killed by the traitor known as Solfria Hanlo. Without the leadership of their government, the military initially tried to step-in but was quickly abandoned by its people. The Yinesian Matriarchy applauded Solfria and took the entire continent under their banner. An unwilling occupation of Callnesia stirred trouble within the nation, uncertain of whether they were better off under the thumb of the women to the northwest.

From there, the massive battle exploded in a two-front war. the Varden Coalition was shattered when Stedenia fell to an all-out raid of its western shoreline. Varnesia seemed poised to fall as well, retreating deeper but having little success in facing the combined power of the Matriarchy and the Imperium's vast armies. So they chose to side with an evil they knew. They reached out to the Imperium and made a deal that would become known as the Varnesian Arrow.

In a celebration of their hard-fought wars, spread over the course of a bloody 15 years, the conflict became known as The Blooded Generation. Many orphans had been left in the wake of it, to which many of them were taken in by the matriarchy under the ideal of providing many diverse slaves for their gene pool. The Imperium offered them a selection of prime Varnesians as a personal thank you for their help. Among this, the Varnesian Arrow carried the Queen-Slayer Foucray Dominus. The most elite of the Varnesian rangers, Foucray was taken back into the Matriarchy's expansive borders before escaping their clutches. Here, he sought out the Callnesian regents and the heirs of the Roshon legacy. Together, they hatched a simple plan to kill off the family tree of the Matriarchy in exchange for Varnesian right to self-rule within the Imperium.

And the plan worked. Slaying the queen of the Matriarchy, Foucray fulfilled every inch of the plan and eviscerated her very identity from history. Her four daughters, the sole children capable of becoming Queen, were supposedly raped and slain by the countrymen of Callnesia. The traitor Solfria was tracked down by the Roshon as well, brought before Foucray and put to his judgment to be executed. Foucray, however, angered his allies by disobeying it. Solfria was a hero among the Imperium and, as such, would live.

It took only five more years before the Blooded Generation's survivors were brought to only one. The Imperium stood victorious, with its two heroes standing among the Emperor Taro Strengen IV and applauded. For their services, the pair would each receive their own prizes. Solfria took an island to the northwest of Stedendian shores and even named it after herself. Foucray chose a home among Yin, which he saw as a way to put the nation into place and fix the damage he dealt.

However, it was here that Foucray was known to have unveiled another secret: the survival of the Queen's youngest daughter. Of legal age, the pair were married and Yin was unified not under a Queen's rule but a King. Foucray named the subordinate nation after himself and was rumored to have raped his wife until she bore him heirs. Foucray had decided to utilize his position to get revenge for his homeland whilst assuming his own power. The Betrayal of Foucray was quicker than the fall of even Yin. The Emperor was killed in his throneroom by Foucray's messengers, long-imprisioned rangers themselves, and the Imperium began to see rising up across all of its reaches. Callnesia, torn between the man who let them rape the Matriarchy's bodies in turn for the destruction of their land and the loyalty to their new Imperium, led to a division. Roshon's receding power only further broke down in the roar for change that swept the world. The Marshwark Commune declared independence without a single arrow or blade raised.

As the Imperium crumbled, Stedenia and a now-free Varnesia rising to beat and restore their borders under rightful rule, Enes and the long-devastated Oroyans were freed. Everything broke too fast for even Foucray to predict. The Raped Queen Malarya Vanis took her chance and slew her husband before succumbing to self-poisoning, a final act of vengeance against the man as if to remove any chance of him restoring order. Their children too young, the Foucray leadership chose to become the Kingdom of Foucray and grant Yin its partial independence as their vassal. Over time, the nation would be returned its land in exchange for supporting the matriarchy's women to ensure the immense casualties of the Eastern Continent could be padded and aided. The world grew silent at last, the many heroes and villains slain. Nations disgraced, families destroyed, and history lost... it was the worst event in the history of Brotskia...

On the Isle of Solfria, the men and women who had followed Solfria Hanlo have not cared for the rest of the world. In the capital city of Obern, a basket arrived aboard a vessel from one of the larger continents. Inside was a baby boy, bundled in a unique cloth. The descendant of the hero-traitor, her great-granddaughter Lady Soldaria Hanlo took the child in. She had given birth to her own child only a mere month before meeting the infant, taking him in so that she could support him as a surrogate mother and raise someone who could be of use to her child and her family's name. It had been only a coincidence that she saw the odd cloth the child was wrapped in that brought the two together by fate...

What color was the cloth?
(You can pick up to 3.)

Last edited:

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Hope everyone enjoys the backstory if you read it. Expect regular updates. You can post here if you'd like to discuss or ask questions. I have intentionally chosen to keep the races MOSTLY secretive so that they can be uncovered in the first few of these as we all "world build" together. The PC's gender is locked, but only so that it fits my comfort for what is effectively my SUPER free time. The species, however, will be involved in decision. So don't worry, everyone.

Expect the following issues to cover:
  • Species
  • Body Type (nothing says the boy has to grow up and be a massive hunk)
  • Class + Upbringing (the upbringing will be tied to the class for simplicity's sake, which means that when you vote on a class, you should think hard!)
  • Soldaria's Child (the companion/leader/what-have-you of our adventurer)
For the sake of options, the character and Soldaria's child will be Bisexual. This should allow the CYOA to have tons of neat lil possible pairings.

Edit: Also, if it's not obvious: You can pick UP TO 3 colors. Also, if you comment, I appreciate it much more and will hold it to some pretty high value.

This way, people don't feel so tied. Just pick your top three.

Last edited:

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Scratch all this. Forgot how polls lock up and can't be swapped out so...

Look forward to the next one.

Last edited: