Browser Version Dev Console Item Spawning - [Answered]

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
In light of the most recent infinite money bug report on the CoC2 Bug Reports section, I decided to bring light to this.

Okay, so this has been in the game for as long as I can remember - as most people have probably gleamed from now - I have been a long time lurker, but only recently decided to create my account. Hence, only bringing this up now.

My question is, is it intentional to allow for the Dev Console to spawn in more than the max stacks (9 for regular items and 25 for Pristine Wood, Metal Parts and SturdyStone)?

If so, then apologies for raising said question. Otherwise, if not intentional, then feel free to forward this thread to the CoC2 Bug Reports section and I'll edit the title as needed.

Notably, this above interaction works through the browser version only - through the development console of your desired browser. Therefore, there is a chance that this might not be an issue (for the most part) - some of it like Kaelirras Tears might still be an issue though.

Interaction as follows:

Setting my Champs and Companions EXP to max and adding a tonne of ill-gotten items.

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

07.png

08.png

*Message part (1 of 3) - due to a maximum of 10 images being able to be uploaded in a single post*

Reactions: Drash

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
Showing the extent to which you can add items, as well as what it then sells for.

09.png

10.png

11.png

*Message part (2 of 3) - due to a maximum of 10 images being able to be uploaded in a single post*

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
Showing a comparison between the spawning in of a physical item like the Brawn Shield - even though I spawned 999999999 Brawn Shields in it defaulted to one - which I would expect because it is a physical item (only one instance of it). However with regards to Kaelirras Tears, this is not the case. It may show up as only one instance - as can be seen by two in my inventory - but if you go back to the Dev Console screenshots, then you'll see one instance is 999999999 whereas the other is just 1.

12.png

13.png

14.png

15.png

16.png

17.png

18.png

19.png

Alright, sorry for the lengthy post. I hope this aided in some way. If not well, then apologies for wasting your time. See attached below, the save of the above character, as well as a text document containing the commands used in the above screenshots.

*Message part (3 of 3) - due to a maximum of 10 images being able to be uploaded in a single post*

Attachments

• CoC2 Test 20.coc2
    6.7 KB · Views: 203
  • items & xp added.txt
    727 bytes · Views: 370

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
The dev console is for devs. Any strangeness with it's use isn't a concern. This would be like save-editing some weird values and then going "is it intentional that I can get 999 tails when using the save editor?" Nothing outside of the game's scripting running unmodified is intentional.