Brock's list of unrelated questions

Brock

So I've made enough posts that I figure I should just have a go to post where I can post my blinding ignorance and stupidity. Maybe y'all can help me? Lol. My first and biggest question is this: Is it possible to retrive a save from an outdated version of Chrome? Or was it erased when google Chrome updated? I already tried pasting C:\Users\[account name]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\[random based on user]\#localWithNet in to the address bar and came up with a file not found screen.
so...is there any other way? It was my primary save, so it'd be nice to get it back, but it's not imperative I suppose :confused:

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-24_18-7-53.png
    upload_2017-7-24_18-7-53.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
i dont think "[random based on user]" is the right thing to put there.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I thought all .sol files were saved into the %appdata% folder for flash based files?

I mean this is where my TiTS and CoC save files are located.

C:\Users\Username\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\Q9USZ65P\localhost

or something similar to that address above.

Brock

I thought all .sol files were saved into the %appdata% folder for flash based files?

I mean this is where my TiTS and CoC save files are located.

C:\Users\Username\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\Q9USZ65P\localhost

or something similar to that address above.

Where/how do I access those folders/files? I don't really speak computer...so I'm utterly clueless...

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Where/how do I access those folders/files? I don't really speak computer...so I'm utterly clueless...

I'm going to assume you're using windows, if so hit your window's start menu button (bottom left hand side of your screen), type %appdata% into the search programs and files function, from there look for macromedia folder, from there you want to open the #SharedObjects folder. From there there should be a folder that has random letters and numbers, if there is more than one look in all of them until you see the localhost folder. In there you should find your TiTS.sol save files.

Brock

I'm going to assume you're using windows, if so hit your window's start menu button (bottom left hand side of your screen), type %appdata% into the search programs and files function, from there look for macromedia folder, from there you want to open the #SharedObjects folder. From there there should be a folder that has random letters and numbers, if there is more than one look in all of them until you see the localhost folder. In there you should find your TiTS.sol save files.
I found all the folders like you said, but there isn't a Tits.sol save in there. Just a folder called #sawatex with a document called ksm_save01 in it. Don't know what those are...

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I found all the folders like you said, but there isn't a Tits.sol save in there. Just a folder called #sawatex with a document called ksm_save01 in it. Don't know what those are...
#localWithNet should be at the top of the listing if you sort by name. The place with the old saves is localHost

Mister Gregar

Dec 8, 2016
If you can't do it the conventional way, try downloading the TiTSED program from the thread about it, click "Open" and then use "Open Directory" for whatever section holds your saves. Should open the folder your stuff is in.

If you don't want to do that, make sure you're showing hidden folders. No clue if it's hidden, but worth a shot if you aren't seeing what you need, imo.

Brock

Eh. I suppose it's not too important. I'll post here later if something else glaringly obvious for everyone but me comes up and I for some reason have a difficult time with it. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Brock

If you can't do it the conventional way, try downloading the TiTSED program from the thread about it, click "Open" and then use "Open Directory" for whatever section holds your saves. Should open the folder your stuff is in.

If you don't want to do that, make sure you're showing hidden folders. No clue if it's hidden, but worth a shot if you aren't seeing what you need, imo.
I had titsed installed already. I just tried it, uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn't work :/ Eh. It's whatever I guess. Lesson learned. Don't update chrome unless you've backed everything up :p