Brint cuddle scene

Jun 23, 2019
I really like Brint and his scenes, it's exactly the kinda thing I'm into. I felt like one thing that was missing were scenes where you cuddle with him, presumably post-coitus (I certainly wrote it with that in mind, though it's not too specific due to limitations of the parser, but it does check to see if the character is "filled"). This would effectively act like the normal "sleep" option, just with an extra scene.

I think he might be a bit OOC though, so I'm totally open to suggestions. I tried to follow the parser rules as much as I could, although the tester kept giving me errors about the "isCamp" parts.

Google Doc

I'm also considering making something similar for Cait, although I'm not familiar enough with the other companions to do the same for them.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
Did you ask Wsan for permission to make cuddle scenes? It's not an official rule, but it is a bit rude if you don't. Other things to look at are Grammar and parsers. I found several noticeable errors on a glance.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Hey, glad to hear you like Brint so much you wrote some scenes for him. I'll give this a more thorough look later in the week and see about putting it in with edits (and, likely, a bunch of additional material). Thanks for contributing.

Jun 23, 2019
Did you ask Wsan for permission to make cuddle scenes? It's not an official rule, but it is a bit rude if you don't. Other things to look at are Grammar and parsers. I found several noticeable errors on a glance.
Ah, sorry. I've never done any stuff here before. I thought I found all the errors, but I may have missed a few.
Hey, glad to hear you like Brint so much you wrote some scenes for him. I'll give this a more thorough look later in the week and see about putting it in with edits (and, likely, a bunch of additional material). Thanks for contributing.
Yeah, I thought it was really good! Granted, I'm probably kinda biased, but still. It probably isn't up to snuff, but I figured I'd try anyway.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
No worries. I'm not a big brint fan no offence wsan, but the scene looked decent. The some of the parsers ended in ]] instead of ]. But overall good start, and best of luck.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
No worries. I'm not a big brint fan no offence wsan, but the scene looked decent. The some of the parsers ended in ]] instead of ]. But overall good start, and best of luck.
I only did a quick 30s look over, but based on the first page the parser usage looks great. There are valid cases where you can have ]]. This "[pc.isBald|rubbing over your smooth head|stroking through your [pc.hair]]" is one such case. They're closing the [pc.hair] parser and then immediately closing the greater [pc.isBald||] parser as well.

This is really impressive for a first try. This is really impressive for a seasoned writer to be honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: ehhhh and Athena

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
I only did a quick 30s look over, but based on the first page the parser usage looks great. There are valid cases where you can have ]]. This "[pc.isBald|rubbing over your smooth head|stroking through your [pc.hair]]" is one such case. They're closing the [pc.hair] parser and then immediately closing the greater [pc.isBald||] parser as well.
My mistake. I would listen to drake instead of me for Parser advice.

Burn123

May 2, 2019
I know you've heard it already, but damn that is some good parser usage. There's so much variation, even for pretty minor things. Well done!

Jun 23, 2019
My mistake. I would listen to drake instead of me for Parser advice.
I did my best with the parser, although I think I got a bit overboard sometimes (one section had four nested [] blocks).
I know you've heard it already, but damn that is some good parser usage. There's so much variation, even for pretty minor things. Well done!
Most of it's just because I play as a smol catgirl and wanted to acknowledge that, to be honest... A bit self-indulgent I guess. I might try to add more cases for other types of characters later.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
As it turned out I edited almost nothing because it was that good. Thanks for your work, and I apologize that the author credits are incorrect. That will be fixed ASAP.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Congrats on implementation! I’m excited to see it because Brint’s one of my faves as well.