(Bothrioc) Pidemme Question

Nightguard

Aug 28, 2021
I am confusion. I won against a Pidemme down in the Deep Caves on Myrellion and let them lay their eggs in my (character's) rear and I just got a notice that the eggs dissolved and faded away. I'm trying to have kids with and by everyone in the game that I can and am confused as to why the Bothrioc eggs didn't make it. Do the eggs always fade away it they come from a Pidemme or something?

How do I get pregnant from a Bothrioc and have the babies survive?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I am confusion. I won against a Pidemme down in the Deep Caves on Myrellion and let them lay their eggs in my (character's) rear and I just got a notice that the eggs dissolved and faded away. I'm trying to have kids with and by everyone in the game that I can and am confused as to why the Bothrioc eggs didn't make it. Do the eggs always fade away it they come from a Pidemme or something?

How do I get pregnant with Bothrioc and have the babies survive?

Thanks in advance.
On my Steele from1400 Bothrioc eggnancies, only 200 were fertile. The rest were just unfertilized eggs.

Nightguard

Aug 28, 2021
On my Steele from1400 Bothrioc eggnancies, only 200 were fertile. The rest were just unfertilized eggs.
Is there any way to tell beforehand if the eggs are gonna be fertile or not? And do I have to worry about an oil addiction from multiple pregnancies?

TheShepard256

Is there any way to tell beforehand if the eggs are gonna be fertile or not?
Not in the scene itself. Immediately after the scene, look in Codex -> Stats and scroll to near the bottom; there, it'll tell you if you're pregnant with anything.
And do I have to worry about an oil addiction from multiple pregnancies?
Yes. Bothrioc pregnancies come with some unavoidable addiction (and transformative effects, and personality changes which I quite frankly disagree with). However, if you don't have any bothrioc eggs in you and haven't maxed out addiction, it'll drop by 1-3 per day (though if you hit 50, it won't drop below that point again), and you can use Curdsonwhey to lower it much faster. Keep addiction well below 50 (which should be manageable; I'd aim for <25), and you shouldn't have any problems.

Nightguard

Aug 28, 2021
Not in the scene itself. Immediately after the scene, look in Codex -> Stats and scroll to near the bottom; there, it'll tell you if you're pregnant with anything.
Yeah, but that doesn't tell me if the eggs are gonna dissolve or not by the time I'm supposed to deliver (unfortunately).
Yes. Bothrioc pregnancies come with some unavoidable addiction (and transformative effects, and personality changes which I quite frankly disagree with). However, if you don't have any bothrioc eggs in you and haven't maxed out addiction, it'll drop by 1-3 per day (though if you hit 50, it won't drop below that point again), and you can use Curdsonwhey to lower it much faster. Keep addiction well below 50 (which should be manageable; I'd aim for <25), and you shouldn't have any problems.
How can I tell what my oil addiction is? I've looked everywhere in the codex and it's not there... Am I only able to view the addiction level if I'm currently pregnant?

Nightguard

Aug 28, 2021
AFAIK there is no way to know.
Damn it. Welp. Just gonna have to keep trying (of course). But now I'm thinking about what you said earlier... Do you remember of any of your fertilized Bothrioc eggnancies were anal? Or were they all vaginal? I'm wondering if the oriface the eggs are carried in makes a difference.

Log --> Myrellion --> Side Quests
Thank you. There's nothing there atm (just looked) so I know there's no current addiction/exposure going on.

Nightguard

Aug 28, 2021
It doesn't. After looking into it further, it appears each egg has a 15% chance to be fertile, which is only determined once "birth" occurs.
Huh... Well that explains why I got 3 babies out of 16 eggs the second time I tried.

Also, everything in this thread applies equally to quadommes, as they use the exact same pregnancy as pidemmes.
Oh nice! I was about to ask that next so thanks for letting me know.