Borderlands 3 for $19.79

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I just found Borderlands 3 for less than 20 bucks on Steam and it's currently downloading.

I played BL2 and I loved it. Anyone played BL3? Any advice or suggestions?

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

moobere

May 19, 2017
I just found Borderlands 3 for less than 20 bucks on Steam and it's currently downloading.

I played BL2 and I loved it. Anyone played BL3? Any advice or suggestions?
Played it when i came out and havent played since. Most legendries are farmable very easily. Story isnt the best if u need builds YT Joltzdude does BL playthoughs and u can just copy his. You missed the sucky part where no loot had a specific boss to farm for the drop so we farmed a easy boss that i wont spoil. 7.3/10

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Played it on release. There's not much to say, it's more Borderlands. The only reason I got it was to use Iron Bear because not enough FPS games have a mech you can pilot. Fun enough for a playthrough, for 20 bucks it's worth.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Played it when i came out and havent played since. Most legendries are farmable very easily. Story isnt the best if u need builds YT Joltzdude does BL playthoughs and u can just copy his. You missed the sucky part where no loot had a specific boss to farm for the drop so we farmed a easy boss that i wont spoil. 7.3/10
Played it on release. There's not much to say, it's more Borderlands. The only reason I got it was to use Iron Bear because not enough FPS games have a mech you can pilot.

Cool, thanks guys, good info. I'll take "more Borderlands" as a good thing. :p

Thanks for that, been waiting for it to come down to a reasonable price for a year old game. Also, yeah, fuck Randy Pitchford.
Fun enough for a playthrough, for 20 bucks it's worth.
I'm so over paying ~$60 for a videogame, no matter how good it is. "Pay smarter, not harder" is my motto.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Totally same, i outright refuse buying a new game in its first month these days, everything that comes out has pretty significant bugs if it's from a 'AAA' studio.
I remember buying a $60 videogame a few years ago - some space exploration thing, I forget the name or the company - that wouldn't launch. It just did not work. The devs released a patch but it was one you had to manually install yourself by replacing about 6 HUGE lines of code in like 3 different folders, all buried under about 8 or 9 subfolders. You needed some decent coding experience in order to get it to work. I couldn't figure it out, went onto the company's forums to bitch about paying for an incomplete game (and it turns out that it was indeed incomplete, not just a bit buggy), got told to "suck it up, buttercup, follow the directions on the patch notes", I said "I don't even know where to begin, the notes are just so much gibberish to me", and they shrugged. In the end, I had to threaten the company with filing a fraud claim with my bank if they didn't refund my money.

Ich_Hab_Keine_Lust

Feb 27, 2020
Never like Borderlands, just a 3d Diablo.
That's exactly the reason so many people like it. The majority of gamers prefer fps combat to the click-fest that is Diablo, Torchlight, League, Dota, etc... I could never get into any of those games.
Besides Witcher 1. But that was for the story.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
That's exactly the reason so many people like it. The majority of gamers prefer fps combat to the click-fest that is Diablo, Torchlight, League, Dota, etc... I could never get into any of those games.
Besides Witcher 1. But that was for the story.

That's not the reason why I dislike the Diablo formula, I just don't like playing a fake RPG where the only form of progression is just a numbers game. Its that crap that spawned into the future p2w live-service games and loot crates like destiny or anthem.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Okay, can we bring this back to Borderlands 3?