Blizzcon thread!

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Thoughts on new announcements? Positive, negative, mixed? Do you not care at all? Write it below, and let's get a discussion going.

Have no real interest in Starcraft, OW or HS anymore, but I'm pretty mixed on the WoW announcements.

Classic is finally here! Great news, let's hope they don't water down the whiskey.

New expansion's trailer is visually uninteresting, and the features don't interest me much. Looks like they're taking another stab at the garrisons, aswell as adding some kind of treasure island stuff.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Actually drove by the Anaheim Convention Center earlier this morning and forgot Blizcon was today. Just one of those things I don't keep track of. :/

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Taking bets as to who starts the war.
Has Sylvanas finally dropped all pretence and began her own path to mini-Lich King territory?
Has Anduin taken a few pages from his father's book, all the wrong ones?
Or did Jaina finally take a step onto the slippery slide of insanity and become a maniac who has no idea of the chaos she's about to unleash with her inverted skunk stripe?

Last edited:

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Has Sylvanas finally dropped all pretence and began her own path to mini-Lich King territory?
Has Anduin taken a few pages from his father's book, all the wrong ones?
Or did Jaina finally take a step onto the slippery slide of insanity and become a maniac who has no idea of the chaos she's about to unleash with her inverted skunk stripe?
Yes.

Reactions: Evil

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I mean, the whole thing is about war (apparently) so it stands to reason they would try to up the ante, even though I believe it would just lead to a very stale conflict. It cannot be anything except for a tit-for-tat thing, or 50% of the community would lose their shit.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
I still think that splitting the player base with the vanilla server is probably a bad idea but it's not like the community gave Blizzard a choice. *shrugs*

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
As somebody who missed the boat on Vanilla wow -- I barely played it back when you could get it on CD in the olden days -- I'm real interested in Classic WoW. Just from a pure game developer standpoint, it's gonna be fascinating to see how Blizzard handles it. Mechanics, graphics, community features. I'm very excited!

Couldn't really care less about the new expansion or anything OW related. I've never made it through an entire WoW pack and Overwatch blows, imo.

The new HOTS updates look fantastic. Dragonboobs looks like my kinda healer.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I still think that splitting the player base with the vanilla server is probably a bad idea but it's not like the community gave Blizzard a choice. *shrugs*
People who like current wow aren't going to have much fun in vanilla. And many people will subscribe solely to play vanilla. It won't split the community, just create a second one.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
As somebody who missed the boat on Vanilla wow -- I barely played it back when you could get it on CD in the olden days -- I'm real interested in Classic WoW. Just from a pure game developer standpoint, it's gonna be fascinating to see how Blizzard handles it. Mechanics, graphics, community features. I'm very excited!

Couldn't really care less about the new expansion or anything OW related. I've never made it through an entire WoW pack and Overwatch blows, imo.

The new HOTS updates look fantastic. Dragonboobs looks like my kinda healer.
I still find it weird Blizzard released two separate things with the acronym "HOTS". Heart of the Swarm and Heroes of the Storm.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Really? Not into OW? huh... didn't expect to hear that. Not that saying its wrong or anything, being more of a TF2 man myself. The new hero looks kinda..... uninspired.... anyone else feel the same?

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
A bit of a late update but Blizzard has released the requirements for getting four of the allied races to join your respective faction (still no word on how the Dark Irons or Trolls will join their respective factions, it might be directly story linked or they could be available from the start, I don't know).

Anyway, the requirements:
- You will need a level 110 character to unlock the allied races on a server.
- You will need to have reached Exalted with the respective race.
- You will need to have gotten the storyline achievements for the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne Elves. The Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei need the single achievement [You Are Prepared!]
- There will be a relatively short questline to bring the race into the respective fold.

Its a lot to go through in order to access something that is the expansion's main draw point and evidently its not sitting to well with players. That said, all the reputation and story achievements are account wide, meaning that Character A on one server might get the reputation, while Character B on another server gets the storyline achievements.