Blatant Discord Moderator Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adolf Shitler

Jun 10, 2017
So I was in the main chat and I asked if anyone plays 7 days to die. A bunch of people were rp'ing and I said hey there are chats for that. They kept rp'ing so I pinged the moderator ping. One moderator asks how I got unbanned? I said "I was banned?" Apparently they are banning people for having the name adolf hitler or something.The first moderator says something along the lines of "yeah anyways guys no rp'ing in main." Another moderator shows up and starts threatening to ban me for my name. Saying I have to change it. They gave me like less than 10 fucking seconds to change it. Now unless I remember wrong there's literally no rules against having my name. I've never done anything to anyone before. Nobody has complained about me. Literally nothing to deserve a ban. Out of nowhere just for telling them rp'ing is happening in main I get banned for seemingly no reason.

Maybe I didn't read a change in rules or something but as far as I know this is abuse of moderator powers.

I'm also pretty sure this is probably the wrong place to do this but I don't know where the right place would be.

My discord name is: Adolf Shitler#6798

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Who was the mod?

EDIT: It was Remmy. Discord really shouldn't hard delete messages since now there's no proof of what was said. I say this because people were calling you a troll. Not that I know what happened either but whatevs.

In any case, go back on Discord with another account and message a mod (that's what Remmy said you have to do to appeal).

Last edited:

Adolf Shitler

Jun 10, 2017
Well maybe they shouldn't ban people for asking them for help.
Ask the other mod that was there about what happened. He seemed fine.

Adolf Shitler

Jun 10, 2017
Also with just what has happened to me. It seems pretty obvious that the server power structure needs to be reformed. Mods should not be able to ban people. With abuse this blatant their powers need to be curbed.
There are better methods for dealing with things like this.
On my main server we have a role called silenced which blocks people from typing in any chat except for appeals. This would be a much better method than giving them the right to straight up remove people from the server and cover up the evidence of their abuse of power.

Ah this may be harder to set up on a normal server, we made a bot that we constantly update that performs most of the tasks in our server. It handles giving power in ways that discord doesn't necessarily do well with. Like ah doing the whole silenced thing would require giving them the ability to add and remove roles which could be more power than you want to necessarily give them. With our bot we just make a command that mods can use to silence a person. So that method mentioned above might be harder to implement without a similar bot.

I still believe effort needs to be made to prevent abuse like this in the future.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Not sure about the workings of Discord but I mean, this does sound like abuse. Again, wasn't there myself to see what happened though.

You could try messaging an admin. No promises though.

Adolf Shitler

Jun 10, 2017
Welp I talked to the staff and they made their choice. I'm gonna see if I can close this or have a mod close it or something.
Capture.PNG

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
*shrugs* Sorry dude. For what it's worth I do think it was a bit harsh. Was just a name.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I wonder if someone really named like certain serial killer and dictator from times of WW II would show up would they still say to change name cuz it's offensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.