Black Void Tyrant: brutal pirate captain

TheDictator

Mar 11, 2020
New character/wandering space encounter: the Black Void Tyrant, a modded, treated saurmorian commanding a dreadnought. Meant to be a late game encounter, not a fight to go into unprepared.

Dommy, daddy lizard man with a thing for his nuts, optional submission to him, or defeat and turn him over for bookoo bucks.

Doc is a WIP, trying to keep it organized as i move stuff around and write it. (Pardon the piles of names, always takes me a while to nail one down)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10LhHpOmMUSIs93CVAGzlbgj5jMcaKuqNDUyvbsyCZVE/edit?usp=sharing

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Very WIP indeed. Good for subs I guess if you can get it flying.
I completely lost interest at the mere thought or mention of I AM A BIG STINKY BRAIN stuff and to be entirely honest, unless it's already a thing in the game(and I'm unaware of it), I don't even know if the devs will allow that sort of thing unless the writing is of surpreme quality.

Reactions: JustSomeGuy

TheShepard256

If he's commanding a dreadnought, wouldn't it be better to have this (or at least, the option to fight) be gated behind Steele having a capital ship of their own? I doubt even a min-maxed Sidewinder, Sledgehammer or MS-XI would be capable of taking out anything that size without relying upon one of the most advanced cyberwarfare AIs in the galaxy.

Reactions: QualityCuntrol

TheDictator

Mar 11, 2020
If he's commanding a dreadnought, wouldn't it be better to have this (or at least, the option to fight) be gated behind Steele having a capital ship of their own? I doubt even a min-maxed Sidewinder, Sledgehammer or MS-XI would be capable of taking out anything that size without relying upon one of the most advanced cyberwarfare AIs in the galaxy.

The idea had occurred to me, but I'd never given it much thought. I think a better solution would be to have the Tyrant answer Steele's challenge with a smaller boarding craft and have a duel, rather than gating behind something that might never be part of the game/would require vast amounts more work.

TheDictator

Mar 11, 2020
Very WIP indeed. Good for subs I guess if you can get it flying.
I completely lost interest at the mere thought or mention of I AM A BIG STINKY BRAIN stuff and to be entirely honest, unless it's already a thing in the game(and I'm unaware of it), I don't even know if the devs will allow that sort of thing unless the writing is of surpreme quality.

Fair enough. I'm still in the spitball stage, so the feedback is appreciated.

rafabud

Nov 27, 2019
he'd probably fit better when the faction system gets implemented. as a special encounter that can happen if you have low reputation with the Black Void maybe, send one of the big guys after you.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
The idea had occurred to me, but I'd never given it much thought. I think a better solution would be to have the Tyrant answer Steele's challenge with a smaller boarding craft and have a duel, rather than gating behind something that might never be part of the game/would require vast amounts more work.
If he's in a dreadnought and he's getting challenged by someone who has proven to be a thorn in the Black Void's side....why would he fly out in a smaller craft, when he could just lock on with some cannons and leave Steele as dust on the cosmic wind?

TheShepard256

Fair enough. Last I heard, capital ships won't be implemented until very late game, when Steele's level is in the high teens. We also don't know if capital-ship-to-capital-ship combat will be a thing, so it's good to leave options open at the moment.
If he's in a dreadnought and he's getting challenged by someone who has proven to be a thorn in the Black Void's side....why would he fly out in a smaller craft, when he could just lock on with some cannons and leave Steele as dust on the cosmic wind?
Honour, perhaps? It may be a rare thing among pirates, but it's not unheard of. Alternatively, maybe Steele just hasn't been a thorn in the side of his particular part of the Black Void, and he doesn't care too much for the other parts.

TheDictator

Mar 11, 2020
Fair enough. Last I heard, capital ships won't be implemented until very late game, when Steele's level is in the high teens. We also don't know if capital-ship-to-capital-ship combat will be a thing, so it's good to leave options open at the moment.

Honour, perhaps? It may be a rare thing among pirates, but it's not unheard of. Alternatively, maybe Steele just hasn't been a thorn in the side of his particular part of the Black Void, and he doesn't care too much for the other parts.

I think its more somewhere between hubris and endearment. Being a warlord for hundreds of years is liable to give anybody a fat head, and then some punk looking at your big hunk of death and going "nah man, fuck you" might just give you enough of a laugh to put on a show. On repeated encounters, then, it would be either be "you beat me last time by fluke, I'll show you" or "didn't need my warship last time, won't need it this time either".

TheShepard256

I think its more somewhere between hubris and endearment. Being a warlord for hundreds of years is liable to give anybody a fat head, and then some punk looking at your big hunk of death and going "nah man, fuck you" might just give you enough of a laugh to put on a show. On repeated encounters, then, it would be either be "you beat me last time by fluke, I'll show you" or "didn't need my warship last time, won't need it this time either".
That works, too.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
At the sound of a dreadnought get the feeling that this should be a one off boss fight or late game encounter. The best ship you can get so far in the game is more close to a corvette. I would scale it back or wait until we get bigger ships.

Tbh I would put this on the back burner and work on some smaller scenes for an already in game npc.

Reactions: rafabud

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil
At the sound of a dreadnought get the feeling that this should be a one off boss fight or late game encounter. The best ship you can get so far in the game is more close to a corvette. I would scale it back or wait until we get bigger ships.

Tbh I would put this on the back burner and work on some smaller scenes for an already in game npc.

We are alredy close to end/start then, because a lot of main ships of the protagonists are coverts/frigates or some kind of small supply carrier.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
We are alredy close to end/start then, because a lot of main ships of the protagonists are coverts/frigates or some kind of small supply carrier.
My point about waiting and doing smaller projects still stands. So does the point about the dreadnought. Sure steele could get bigger ships soon that could face off against them but big ass ships should be left for dungeons. Also the game's max level is set too be 20, so it might be a few years until we get bigger end game ships.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
I also want to clarify I'm not against the pirate. It's just the ship and possible combat that is my concern.
That's all I really have to say about this, plenty of other ships that can be cool and not so big. Best of luck stranger.

Last edited:

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil
My point about waiting and doing smaller projects still stands. So does the point about the dreadnought. Sure steele could get bigger ships soon that could face off against them but big ass ships should be left for dungeons. Also the game's max level is set too be 20, so it might be a few years until we get bigger end game ships.
I mean that in a different Phrasing, sorry.

If i have to ghess, at least more 2 years until close to 1.0 and half more to finish, maybe. Does steele really need a Dreandnought ? that kind of ship is suppose to be really big.

and i know off topic.

SheeptaurTheSheepKing

Jan 26, 2020
I don't think this guy's personality really works as a member of the Black Void.

To my knowledge, everything we've seen about the black void (with maybe the exception of Amara Faell) characterizes them as 100% ruthless, pragmatic, honor-less bastards who kill or enslave everything that crosses their path. They're not pirates for the fun of it like Kiro and the Zheng Shi pirates are. The void don't just let you go after emptying your cargo hold and having their way with you if they're in the mood. They never leave behind survivors, that's why they have such a terrifying reputation, and that's why every game encounter with a black void enemy ends in a bad end that has you either killed or enslaved.

Maybe you could make him Ex-Black Void? A former Dreadlord who got bored with how dull the void's modus operandi was and so he splintered his armada off into an independent fleet that was so powerful they actually managed to survive the subsequent war of extermination with the black void. You could call them something like The Shattered Void or The Red Void, have them wear Black Void armor but with a new mark or motif painted over it.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Oh boy. If you're going to make the first scene submissive oral sex, you'd best be acknowledging long, prehensile tongues, Myr venom and the lubricated mouth tag. Thanks to a certain someone, I will always judge oral scenes by that standard now :catte: