Biomutant !

king of tentacle

Mar 30, 2017
any body else excited fur biomutant finally coming out?
an open world game made by thqnordic!

king of tentacle

Mar 30, 2017
I'm curious about the character creation. Otherwise it sounds like most new MMOs.
although you're right it does look pretty deceptively like an mmo it's single player actually according to the steam page.

voidrunner

Jun 26, 2016
I heard that it can get pretty boring fast, so if you plan to get it, keep that in mind. Definitely does look interesting to me though

Reactions: king of tentacle

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Saw a video of the character creation and I'm kind of disappointed that all the races look so similar. And there's no visual response to changing resistances (like hair getting longer for cold resistance) which is odd after they put so much effort into making stats affect appearance. Overall it's a cool idea but I'll only ever play it if I find a used copy for super cheap.

Reactions: king of tentacle

king of tentacle

Mar 30, 2017
Saw a video of the character creation and I'm kind of disappointed that all the races look so similar. And there's no visual response to changing resistances (like hair getting longer for cold resistance) which is odd after they put so much effort into making stats affect appearance. Overall it's a cool idea but I'll only ever play it if I find a used copy for super cheap.
I have been enjoying it myself, crafting is absurdly funny (banana as a hilt for a radioactive blade funny) and while I agree with you about char creation
I'd say the outfit variety kinda makes up for it also the world feels pretty big and the narrator brings a bit of fun as well as the light and dark aura creatures interactions remind me of the consciences from black and white. all in all my take away so far is kung fu panda meets stanley parable meets black and white which is a combination that I did not think would be something I'd ever see also got the collectors box with the statue figure
I heard that it can get pretty boring fast, so if you plan to get it, keep that in mind. Definitely does look interesting to me though
eh, if I've learned anything it's one person's idea of boring is another person's quality entertainment and vice versa

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
eh, if I've learned anything it's one person's idea of boring is another person's quality entertainment and vice versa
Yeah reviews seem pretty mixed. I always look for a "Before you Buy" video on YT as the guy that makes those vids seemed pretty fair when doing one for this game. I got BOTW vibes looking at the footage but unfortunately my computer's too weak to even try to run it. ;.;
And besides it's still new, it's only 5 days out, it might get expansion packs later.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Yeah reviews seem pretty mixed. I always look for a "Before you Buy" video on YT as the guy that makes those vids seemed pretty fair when doing one for this game. I got BOTW vibes looking at the footage but unfortunately my computer's too weak to even try to run it. ;.;
And besides it's still new, it's only 5 days out, it might get expansion packs later.
I’d advise checking out Overgrowth, which is, while janky, very fun if you want to play as a rabbit who can kick people in the head so hard they die. It also has a strong modding scene, if you like that. It’s pretty short though with only three different campaigns in the main game, so if you want to play more you’d have to get some mods.

However, it’s not an open world game, so if your looking for that and not a martial artist rabbit simulator, then it isn’t going to be your thing.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I’d advise checking out Overgrowth, which is, while janky, very fun if you want to play as a rabbit who can kick people in the head so hard they die. It also has a strong modding scene, if you like that. It’s pretty short though with only three different campaigns in the main game, so if you want to play more you’d have to get some mods.

However, it’s not an open world game, so if your looking for that and not a martial artist rabbit simulator, then it isn’t going to be your thing.
Checks it out
Sees digitigrade rabbits
Yeah no, I'm that anal. >w>'''