Attack Drone Damage Buff

MagusErebus

Nov 27, 2015
Tested out all the drones (Default Attack Drone, Tam, Tam 2.0, and Combat Siegwulfe) on the Dane fight with maxed stats (in case stats affect drone damage somehow idk), didn't make any tables to list damage or anything just fought Dane 3 times with each drone on separate tabs to see how much the damage was buffed. Pretty much every drone apart from Tam 2.0 gets 2-3 extra points of damage (i.e. pre 0.6.89 default drone did 6-8 points of damage and now it deals 7-10) so that's a bummer, but Tam 2.0's damage has nearly doubled (9-12 damage to 19-22). So what do you guys think? Does the damage Tam 2.0 deals now put Techs on equal footing with the other classes or does it still need more work. Also should the damage buff that 2.0 got be given to all drones or just special upgraded drones?

Jan 22, 2016
Honestly with those numbers I still think there's not much point in picking the Drone perk over the Shields perk. Doing even ten extra points of damage isn't going to be as valuable as being able to resist many times that amount. Maybe if it did something a bit more interesting than just a minor damage boost, like giving them special qualities like Tam 2.0's elemental damage and the Siegewulfes' bonuses, or just boosting the ones that already exist. Maybe adding an extra point or two to the extra shields to make them more competitive, and applying them to all drones.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Honestly with those numbers I still think there's not much point in picking the Drone perk over the Shields perk. Doing even ten extra points of damage isn't going to be as valuable as being able to resist many times that amount. Maybe if it did something a bit more interesting than just a minor damage boost, like giving them special qualities like Tam 2.0's elemental damage and the Siegewulfes' bonuses, or just boosting the ones that already exist. Maybe adding an extra point or two to the extra shields to make them more competitive, and applying them to all drones.

My thoughts, pretty much. If the drones kept Savin's energy restoration design, then I'd likely stick to it. The only pull it has on me is just its unique scenes, and my love of combat drones. But as of right now, I'm going to agree with the past forum topics that Tech would benefit with a revamp.