Ashe's Mace should be a [Light] weapon

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Or at least I think it should be.

1. Its stats aren't much stronger than the [Dawnsword]. It also lacks a special effect unlike the [Dawnsword].
2. The art looks like a one handed mace.
3. Duel wielding a light saber and a mace with a dragon soul sealed in it sounds fucking awesome.

The devs can feel free to nerf Ashe a bit if they're worried about balancing.

Last edited:

Blueboy

Dec 7, 2020
I agree but from what I've seen from the patch changes, petal will still be viable and lightsaber will be better on non dark knight chars too. Dual wield is not getting gutted to the ground as I thought before. I'm more annoyed that this will take up another of my precious inventory slots like lyric because I don't want to forget they exist which I will if they go into storage(not that I have any room in my storage to do so). Now dual blade users have 3 viable weapons as opposed to just petal and kunai. I'm just hoping some of the new stuff teased will be another light weapon too since we ended up losing Ash and Wing Of Asira was a huge letdown compared to what the other classes got.

Reactions: Arai

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
And that wasn't even supposed to happen; Leek added that tag for shiggles and it took all of a day for Balak to find out and put that joke on the chopping block.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
And that wasn't even supposed to happen; Leek added that tag for shiggles and it took all of a day for Balak to find out and put that joke on the chopping block.
@Balaknightfang Why did you remove the [light] tag? Was Ashe too OP? Is there a specific ratio the team tries to keep with light/heavy tagged weapons?

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
@Balaknightfang Why did you remove the [light] tag? Was Ashe too OP? Is there a specific ratio the team tries to keep with light/heavy tagged weapons?
Screenshot 2023-04-02 15.35.15.png
Yup, too OP as a light weapon.

It's a recurring thing that players tend to have a much higher estimation of what a properly balanced item is than devs do. But players don't have to design the next 20 items or worry about whether all the old items are still viable. (Also, players tend to not realise "but [Item] is almost as powerful" is an argument for that item to be nerfed as well.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog