Ark survival evolved

deltadeath93

Aug 28, 2015
It's a steam alpha game  great graphics, nice survival game.  Short of it is  you wake up on an island   surrounded by prehistoric   creatures now survive. You must build  shelters,   find food, water,  materials to craft  items and clothing, both from the ocean full of prehistoric  fish that will eat you for lunch and the island  it's self. Has  day and night  cycle  with weather effecting if your hot or cold.

It is an alpha build. New  content is still be added but it is currently  available for free  for the weekend  to try it out.

You can play offline or online pvp, pve  or pvp-pve the game is hard on your computers memory tho. It needs to be optimized  that comes in beta testing phase. Game is slated for a 2016  launch. Suggesting  to give it a try and the steam workshop already has mods for  the game.  Its ranked within the top  5  for downloads. here is a link to the steam store page to check out the game and it's content. http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Wouldn't suggest playing on official servers lots of griefing and people abusing exploits. Go with private servers.

Other than that, the game is awesome if a rough gem that has yet to be polished. Yes it's got fantastic graphics but since it's still alpha the FPS for certain cards is horrendous and you'll need to adjust the graphics settings. There currently is no AMD card support. AMD needs to get around to putting a patch out, Nvidia people won't have such a problem depending on which card they are using.

Nex

Aug 28, 2015
My pc ain't the worst, been playing alot of hard hitting games when it comes to fps, but damn this game really lights my computer on fire.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Yeah... pretty much the whole story with people who have pretty damn good gaming PC's with update parts and what not are finding out how unoptimized ARK is. Game hasn't even been out 4 months so what do you expect? Makes me laugh my ass off seeing people complain about it and telling the developers to optimize the game when it's only early alpha. Hear the crybabies complain about them adding in content and to focus on optimizing. It's funny how little some people know what goes into making a game. You got your asset/art/model coders/devs and then you have the game engine devs, ect, ect. Different areas of game development means different types of people who specialize in it. What do the common gamer expect that a square block is going to fit into a round or triangle hole?

Nex

Aug 28, 2015
Yeah... pretty much the whole story with people who have pretty damn good gaming PC's with update parts and what not are finding out how unoptimized ARK is. Game hasn't even been out 4 months so what do you expect? Makes me laugh my ass off seeing people complain about it and telling the developers to optimize the game when it's only early alpha. Hear the crybabies complain about them adding in content and to focus on optimizing. It's funny how little some people know what goes into making a game. You got your asset/art/model coders/devs and then you have the game engine devs, ect, ect. Different areas of game development means different types of people who specialize in it. What do the common gamer expect that a square block is going to fit into a round or triangle hole?

When i installed ARK i had a feeling that the game would really push my pc to the limit. I wasn't wrong. Though this isn't a bad thing, the game is still playable in medium to low graphics.

deltadeath93

Aug 28, 2015
I have a msi version gtx 970 graphics card on my gigabyte mother board, two 4 gb  amd memory sticks running a sata 2 tb hd  and a amd fx 9590 eight core processor I have  set at 4.32 ghz with windows 8.1 64 bit os with a 1050 watt power supply and cyclone liquid cooler (cpu is actually a  4.7ghz oc to 5 ghz but due to motherboard power issues of  the 9590 chip I had to turn down the ghz speed and unlock the watt usage  in rest of the computer to stabilize it) if anyone has a similar rig and is having  random shut down/freezing problems.

when I play ark I haven't touched the default ground or sky clutter and all settings are at high  running it in 1600x900 res I get about 25 fps with the occasional hang up loading graphics. and i have dino spawn set to max  so I get 3x  more dino's  to load  that's when it hangs up and stutters.

dragon is correct on there post and it has been mentions In the games forums. I figure once  kids go back to school. the complaint's of optimization in an alpha build will drop as well as the crying over  the updates being delayed.

my main point is for an alpha build the look  and feel of the game  the environment the ai impressed me  a lot for a work in progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nex

Aug 28, 2015
Sure i ain't expecting the alpha build of the game to be the finished product and the game isn't bad in any way as far as i am concerned, it's just not very optimized so i'm having a hard time playing it. I'm sure in the future however this will all be fixed. Until then i'll just play other games i suppose.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
There are tweaks you can apply to ini files in order to get it running with decent FPS. I have a AMD graphics card myself since I can't afford nvidia cards yet. As of right now in this alpha state it's not recommended to have all the settings on or on high or med settings unless you have a beast of a computer that you poured lots of money into.

deltadeath93

Aug 28, 2015
I enjoyed watching streamers play this when it first came out. hope to eventually get a comp that can handle it

there  adjusting  some assets  to free  up  some memory should make running  game easier.

and they added the dragon finally

Last edited by a moderator:

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015

The game should be optimized BEFORE they put out new content so that we can play it and give feedback for new content.