Are there any adult games with great character development?

Celedine

Jul 26, 2018
Hi,

So has anyone else noticed that in most CYOA/TA style games, the protagonist is often largely unnamed/underscribed and that most NPCs are little more than a collection of pertinent attributes?

I enjoy adult stories, games and role plays, and find it terribly dull to be in an "interactive game" with lifeless dolls. Characters in games need motivation, back-story, a personality, and an agenda to be interesting, just as in any other fiction.

So having said that... any suggestions for CYOA/TA style games where the characters are well developed and engaging? One caveat: I don't like romantic/dating simulator stuff. The kinkier, harder, and darker, the better!

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Just a note, I think protagonist is unnamed/underscribed in order to the player feel identified or be able to be imagined as they like.

Celedine

Jul 26, 2018
Yeah, I kinda get that. I also kinda get that many books have well developed protagonists that I identify with. I think game developers are just lazy :p

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Well, i think one stands out but they censored the no-no parts which can be turned back on. Endless Summer, a Russian made japanese themed game centered on a junior Soviet camping experience (yes they have english subtitles) and i liked the development of the story as well as the characters if you choose between certain ones and they all have long branching paths that someone actually made a chart for each person. Outstanding work. But if you're intrested in a more different vibe of adult game ... i dont have one in mind.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Endless summer gladly surprised me, I enjoyed it very much.

I know, right? I thought it was going to be this shitty dating simulation and the story was thinking. But I cried because it
ended the same way it began, I wanted it to keeping going!! I wanted to stay at the camp but the summer ends when you go on the bus. The MC just returns to his normal adult life.
I even like their mini game with the cards, it was fun.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki