Are mimbranes worth it?

hawke56

Jan 1, 2016
I have. As far as I'm concered they aren't really worth it. The only usefull thing for me is that I can use the face one as lip piercing, since there is currently no other way to get a piercing. That aside I basically just keep them because I kinda don't wanna kill them at the med center.

K

Krynh

I have maxed them however they also increase your own lust, which can be a bit dangerous in battle when you use their lust spit.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I used to carry all of them around but they messed too much with my special snowflake PC's sizes.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I got tired of having to constantly feed them for little payoff. Heck, even when fully fed instead of getting buffs I more often got stumbles which shouldn't happen. Also leg tf limitations are a bitch. Feet are feet unless it's a naga tail, why do they care so much?! And then growing more shouldn't be an issue since they aren't affected but nooooo~.

Last edited by a moderator:

Squark

Jun 5, 2016
I had them once when I was a rather buxom kitty Steele. I got sick of them exponentially increasing her bust size and then shedding ridiculous amounts of tittyflesh. I also killed my cuntsnake tail... before figuring out that it had replaced my tail.  I didn't like going around as a kitty with no balancer. Hmmm... A large-chested, lightning duster-wearing, cuntsnake-infested cute-as-a-button kaithrit... Definitely possible.  The only two things about trying to play as a Shade clone: a daughter and the bounty hunter role.
After reloading a save prior to infection, I eventually became a Nekomata and I've never been happier.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Well, after reaching maximum level of Trust with each of my attached Mims and keeping them fed, their effect on combat was a  slight net positive. Both Sweating and Spit attacks has done more Lust damage to my enemies than Steele, plus occasional dodges and additional attacks are nice. I did find the wild size changes a tad bit ridiculous and annoying, but their aren't a deal breaker. Most importantly, the character that got them is a Spess Druid, so she can't possibly kill a whole bunch of helpless little critters, now can she?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I, too, regretted having to kill them just to remove them, but unless the TF locking (genital can stay for obvious reasons) changes I don't think I'll mess with them again.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I got tired of having to constantly feed them for little payoff. Heck, even when fully fed instead of getting buffs I more often got stumbles which shouldn't happen.

Exactly why I ended up having them removed. I had the full set on my first character (who were always fully fed), but an improbable number of slips cost me the fight against Khorgan. Their bonuses are useless against random mobs, and against bosses they're likely to do more harm than good.

danon

Mar 9, 2016
I did (but then I am a fan of corruption), except it was kinda annoying having to go back to the ship so often.

Just wish they were constricting instead of "bloating".. ;p

treatedfae

Dec 19, 2015
If you want to maximize a lust combat build then do it. I used to always use them but on my current character I've chosen not to because I was tired of the variable genital size causing me to be too well endowed for any good scenes 

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
The latest backer build tweaked them, what was the change? Some sort of new perk? Is it something that might make them not so useless?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Have face mim at trust level 4, you'll randomly proc a scene, then you have the choice of letting the mims pleasure you or resisting, resisting gives the perk.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Does willpower do anything to reduce the chances of the mims fucking you up in combat? Cause currently it seems a major reason why they aren't worth having is how often they end up undermining you in longer lasting/more critical fights. And in the shorter fights against trash mobs and mooks they don't do much to help before the enemy is already defeated. 

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I don't think so? The only combat thing I know about are the buffs/stumbles, but as I said earlier even those don't work properly.

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
personally i think they should be buffed, they aren't worth the time and patience atm 

irioth

May 12, 2016
IMO mimbranes may be worth the effort, with a few caveats: you have to make a strict regular schedule of feeding them first thing in the day, once they reach maximum feeding you try to keep them at that level as long as possible by resting instead of sleeping to recharge, and you have to be able and willing to use save editing to syncronize their feedings and trust when you first acquire a full set of them or if their feedings accidentally desyncronize by having sex while they are hungry despite these precautions. As far as I can tell, the main hassle in managing them is the randomly divergent feeding and trust levels that may easily become a bookkeeping nightmare, but with these guidelines it becomes doable. Then they become nice to have for a lust combat build or if you like corrupted characters (in such a case you probably don't mind the likely low Willpower). You must be willing to tolerate a widely fluctuating appearance, though.