Arbetz Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiffy

Dec 14, 2023
(found in 9.0.076 but confirmed in 9.0.083)

-If I want to swim at Arbetz Pool I must put the swimwear on before entering the beach. Which can be confusing (i.e. I'm at the beach, put swimwear on, but it won't let me swim until I go back & forth once [or bang against the vending machine for eating my nickel]). Seems to work smoother at Tavros.
[Btw, I can even trick it and swim fully dressed (i.e. go north in swimwear, then change into power armour, and swim. The "swim" button does not toggle or check for swimwear.]

In passing:
Same with the spacewalk on Zheng Shi. Must move on/off to toggle. And, again, I can trick it and walk through space w/o wearing a pressurized suit.
Same with Gray Goo Armour when asking her to stay behind, won't appear until going on/off the crew spot... but detail.

-The vending machine at the Arbetz Pool has only a buy button (for the one item) and no indicator of the cost. Could be mentioned (it's 500C).

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I'll need a save file to test with to be sure on the right solution. I know this issue is primarily due to how the current inventory seems to work compared to how it worked in the Flash version of the game.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Applied a fix that should hopefully make backing out of the inventory trigger refreshing the room (similar to how it worked in Flash), though only after using or equipping/un-equipping items--just browsing through the inventory shouldn't trigger any refreshes, as intended.

Again, a save file with your issue would be helpful for testing though.

Jiffy

Dec 14, 2023
One save on Arbetz and one on Zheng Shi (at the more crucial end).

Please, note that the important thing, I'd say, is that the button toggles when equipping/unequipping (the space suit). If it does that, it should be fine.

P.S. Regarding the goo armour, I found that Siegwulfe does that correctly. Maybe the behaviour can be copied over?
[Please note that any action adds the Grey Armor to the crew, including talking to someone or asking Siegewulfe to "Stay" (i.e. if you would ask Grey and then SiegWulfe to Stay, they both appear immediately, do it the other way round, and Grey will need an "action" first to refresh/appear.]
P.S. The armour is called Bubbles, I couldn't rename it. But I changed Muffin to WULFE.

Attachments

• Arbetz_Swim.json
    935.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Grey_And_Siegwulfe.json
    780.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Zheng_Shi_Spacewalk.json
    931.7 KB · Views: 3

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Thanks, hopefully all fixed for the next release.

I won't be able to change the behavior of the Gray Goo Armor vs the Siegewulfe since that will require some deep diving and a lot of code revamps, so they'll have to work just as they are for now. However, the buttons for the Crew (and any other main text menu buttons) should refresh properly after interacting with an item (similar to using and equipping/un-equipping items).

Status
Not open for further replies.