[Approved] HornDog

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I've noticed a depressing lack of options to adjust horn length without having to risk picking up unwanted changes and nothing at all for removing shrinking/removing for all horn types (rip in pieces, those of us who have goat horns). In fact, why the heck is it we can't shrink or remove goat horns without being forcibly turned bovine??? In any case, at the very least, a pure lengthening product is a must.

Originally, I was going to make that a service in my planned finetuning shop, but since a) I've been too busy for the amount of thought and (re)organizing needed and b) NPCs submissions aren't open anyway so I've decided to focus on some adjustments I'd really like to get in the game ASAP first. This here is one of them.

I've got a rough draft ready; just needs some editing (especially since I kinda bs'd the code; will check the handbook later) but if anyone has any suggestions for change, please let me know!

Last edited:

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Switch to comment mode so people can actually suggest. First suggestion is to add a bit more text. 300 words is a bit lacking. You need to fix the parsers, which are all wrong. Also, the dial is a bit weird. Why don't you try sauce packages? It would fit better. Say, ketchup for lengthening, mustard for shortening. You also need to take into account single horns. There are no sets of horns as well. There is horn type, horn number, and horn length. So, you cannot select any set.

Reactions: ChromaTaphore

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Switch to comment mode so people can actually suggest. First suggestion is to add a bit more text. 300 words is a bit lacking. You need to fix the parsers, which are all wrong. Also, the dial is a bit weird. Why don't you try sauce packages? It would fit better. Say, ketchup for lengthening, mustard for shortening. You also need to take into account single horns. There are no sets of horns as well. There is horn type, horn number, and horn length. So, you cannot select any set.

Whoops! Forgot to hit that button. And yeah, as I said, I was just bs’ing the parsers and will get back to them later since I’m someone who has to get a general picture out first before looking at something finer.

Sauce package sounds like an excellent idea! I’ll get that in later. And that just reminded me I have to work out a logical mechanic for selecting horns. Perhaps the ‘dogs could come with some kind of marker for up two two horns? Or maybe the instructions could have us dab a bit of the chosen “sauce” onto the horns we want tweaked?

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Updated the doc. Also updated the link with the comments turned on.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Added more text and filled out/fixed existing ones (can't believe I forgot to actually describe consumption like a dingus orz). Gave the sauce bad punny names to hopefully make up for not thinking of this myself.

Also fixed up the code (though please let me know if I missed a spot).
And I finally accept that the code counts all horn lengths in one package and adjusted accordingly.
Now I just need to figure out how to work libido for neuter PCs since I haven't looked at any neuter variant scenes. I'll check github when I have more time, but if anyone can offer suggestions, they'd be much appreciated.

Hopefully everything looks better this time.

Last edited:

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I went the lazy route and just wrote something more neutral in one go, lol. Hope that's alright with everyone. Of course, I can still do a variant if that's what's preferred.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Just slightly changed the names for the "mustard" and "relish", and I'll actually be making variants for libido (yay, thought of something). After that, I think I'll be ready to submit!

Any further critique/comments would be much appreciated regardless. ^^

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
And I'm done! If anyone could help me check and make sure I didn't screw up the code anywhere (especially the freshly added ones to the two libido bits), it would be much appreciated! ^^

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Hmm, still no word on this. Hope my submission made it through.

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
Hmm, still no word on this. Hope my submission made it through.

It likely did, but Fen hasn't checked submissions for a long while.

It may be even longer still. What with Dhaal, meetings on story and quests, QoL fixes, it may be sitting for a while more.

Reactions: Shura

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
The Mighty Fenlord has finally reviewed my submission!

upload_2020-7-16_13-12-8.png

I’m honored. Best comment, everyone else go home. :p

Aside from some very minor tweaks and suggestions for which vendor would this would suit better, he didn’t have anything to say, so hope this means it’s accepted.

But if not, someone please tell me to resubmit.

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-16_13-12-8.jpeg
    upload_2020-7-16_13-12-8.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 7

OofS

Apr 26, 2019
Well on the webpage, he did say it was greenlit so…

B4F3B01E-1BE6-461A-9477-D806CD23CD94.jpeg