Any plans to Buff/Fix Charmer? (Allure Useless/Charmer Super weak)

C

Charmer Main

Allure being on a 2 round recharge is Murder for Lust-Only builds. Charmer is super weak right now.

I'm a little disappointed that I won't be able to Roleplay Justin Timberlake in 2 like I could in 1.
I enjoyed seducing my opponents instead of fighting them. And then, being the pure soul J.T. is, doing nothing to hurt or take advantage of them.

People who wanted that playstyle are pretty S.O.L. and it's disappointing in a game about big fuck.

TLDR: Any plans to buff Charmer? Maybe make Allure At-Will casting?

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
So, charmer will likely become viable on its own in the coming months as a result of an update to the companion system that will allow you to acquire item sets that change their combat behavior. With this, it should hopefully make charmer much more powerful, as Cait will start doing lust attacks as well. I'm pretty sure there's also going to be some work done on combat balance once the systems are in.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
To start with, no, we're not going to give you the equivalent of at-will cleave.

Number two, as Balak has mentioned, resolve combat is underpowered right now because companion tactics aren't in. There are no companions who do resolve combat, which means that currently in a party the PC would be the only one attacking.Tactics settings will alleviate that to some degree, but --

Point three: there is no currently planned companion who will exclusively be a resolve nuker in the same way Kiyoko is a magic nuker or Brint is a physical nuker. Cait and Atugia will have some resolve options, but they are hybrid classes and are less effective at a task than a pure class would be.

Point four: don't think of charmer as a pure resolve nuke class, it was intended more as a support/resolve attacker hybrid.

Summary: we know resolve combat is not in the best of situations right now.

Reactions: valkyr42

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
Just to add, my companion Sheinnai will also have a hybrid resolve damage attacks, so there'll always be options. :seemsgood:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
To give an official answer on this:

The big problem Charmer actually has right now is that your Companions will not, ever, make lust attacks right now. They can't. This will be resolved (heh) in the near future when Companion tactics are implemented. That will give them the ability to make lust attacks and the intelligence to know when to do it.

Tobs is actually wrong to an extent: Companions will have sets that change out their available powers. Cait, at least, will have access to a dedicated Lust Attack set straight away to test that system out.

Reactions: Evil
C

Charmer Main

Cool, Thanks for the heads up!
The allure thing wasn't a specific request or anything. It was an example.
Thanks for the feedback though! You guys are quick about it.
I'll have to bench JT for now and start a Chris Brown build.

Drachos

Oct 26, 2015
I have been fiddling with Charmer for a while, and right now its not completely unviable.

Using Brint and Cait and using Bolstering Dance, War Song, and Blinding Beauty makes you a fairly Okay Buffer. Blessing isn't a bad followup, but I want to replace it with something else.

Once you unlock her, replacing Cait with Berwyn and this build REALLY starts to stomp in most situations. It does have issues when your opponents have access to lots of powerful Resolve abilities, like Alraune for example, but apart from that, it does some real damage.