Any methods to add some randomness for replayability?

Nov 4, 2017
First and last paragraphs are the only ones with questions, the rest is me being long winded and explaining why I need the randomness.

Does anyone have any advice that would help add some replay value? Something like a simple set of rules for making decisions based on my stats like a DnD-esque dice roll with intelligence/lust/corruption modifiers. I want to RP it as if I don't know anything because I was stupid and ruined my first playthrough (as described below), but I don't have the self discipline to pretend I don't know something bad may happen.

On my first run I got somewhere in the 45-60 day range before falling pray to my terrible habit of save scumming (I did it in the earlier days as well, but it just got out of hand at 45+). It was really fun not knowing what an item was going to do what to me, but I'm relatively new to RP so my annoying video game thought process of needing everything to go just the way I want it got the best of me. I started save scum testing consumables until I got exactly the effects I wanted, then I even started looking up effects on the wiki even while hating myself for doing it the entire time. As would be expected that completely ruined it for me so I started a hardcore and made it back to around the same point, but it wasn't the same because I couldn't get back the not knowing that lead me to eat my first canine pepper (I was hungry and the farmer girl who gave it to me was nice, so it must be safe). Also I had already fapped my way through all of that sweet smut and reading the same things again wasn't worth the time when I could skip past it and get to new stuff.

My above mentioned stupidity made me lose interest so I put the game aside for two or four months and now I want to get back into it. I was just going to continue with my character I had, but I used CCleaner like an idiot so it's gone and I'm going to start fresh once again. Not too big of a loss because I actually did have a bad end to sand witches in their dungeon, but the game didn't delete my save for some reason so I just kept at it.

Also does anyone know a thread for good character ideas? Either CoC/erotic RP specific or even general RPG characters I could just drop into a land of smut. My first was just a boring me in Mareth and second was an androgynous trap. I can come up with something easily enough, but if there's a thread with great ideas I may want to play one.

orochi02

May 20, 2017
what bout coc revamped? adds lots of interesting rpg like content. i can only recommend!!!

TeKett

Aug 2, 2016
you could go with the CoC_1.0.2_mod_1.4.10b, it has hardcore mode that only allows automatic saves, and if you get a bad end the save if removed. then just have the habit of not reloading save when you use things.