Any chance for a korvus expansion?

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
I have to admit Arona is starting to be my favorite companion also I was reminded that the the barbarian background means you just been made clanless soooo... does that mean theirs a future storyhook for barbarian pcs to join a new clan provided you help Arona be Warchief?

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
We were just talking about how difficult it was to access the Kervus content. Any content that is added to the camp would be kind of wasted since so many people would choose not to bother with the Kervus camp at all (I've only done it once myself, I have no patience for pointless grinding anymore).

I'd like an easier way to access the camp than to farm Arona. Once the camp is not such a hassle to access, additional content would be welcome.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Can't answer about the possibility of the Champ becoming part of the Kervus tribe (Bad/Good Endis aside) but Savin has said that there are plans for substantial future content relating to Arona learning how to be a proper leader.

I'd like an easier way to access the camp than to farm Arona. Once the camp is not such a hassle to access, additional content would be welcome.
The thing is, the camp is a bunch of bored and hostile orcs who have nothing to do but plunder your shit because Argoth refuses to tell them what they're doing there or give them anything else to do with their time. You have no way of learning the reasons for yourself without hearing them from Hretha and she doesn't leave the camp because she's the one really keeping things running behind the scenes. Since the way you get into the camp is tied into Arona's core companion mechanic, there really isn't a way to avoid going through her. Maybe the numbers could be revised so you don't need quite so many wins if you want to be on the Subrona path but if there was interest in rebalancing that, I suspect they'd have done it already.

Last edited:

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Like a decent chunk of content, its planned but is too big to be merged in along side Kor, if luck is on your side it could be added next year sometime after act 2 wraps up.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
We were just talking about how difficult it was to access the Kervus content. Any content that is added to the camp would be kind of wasted since so many people would choose not to bother with the Kervus camp at all (I've only done it once myself, I have no patience for pointless grinding anymore).

It's really not hard at all to access Kervus content. In fact, it couldn't get much easier. Any easier would be putting in no effort whatsoever.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Didn't know people were having so much trouble just fighting her. She's pretty trivial for me.

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
It's really not hard at all to access Kervus content. In fact, it couldn't get much easier. Any easier would be putting in no effort whatsoever.
Didn't know people were having so much trouble just fighting her. She's pretty trivial for me.

Let me rephrase...

A "less grindy" way of accessing the content.

Arona is a little bitch, anyone can crush her with their little finger.

But why do I have to find her and crush her like ten fucking times?

Daft Hellians

Jul 8, 2017
If I had to guess, it's less trouble finding her, and more not wanting to find her. Admittedly, if I could access Ragnild, Hrethia, and Ifrith some other way than through Arona, I'd seriously consider it, depending on just what that way would be.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
And its not that hard anymore since they added the "pick a fight" button, which in that area at that point has many fights and isnt like the area below the WC where theres 2/3 actual combat encounters and like 3 non-but still proc through the button, under certain conditions.

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
It should only be five times.
According to the (outdated) wiki: Going for domArona by losing to her every time only requires 4 losses in a row. SubArona requires winning 7-20 times in a row, depending on which post-fight options you pick.

Daft Hellians

Jul 8, 2017
...SubArona requires winning 7-20 times in a row, depending on which post-fight options you pick.
Huh, so I loaded an old back up save to test, and it took 8 wins against Arona, with one post fight interrogate, to proc her quest. It took me 5 wins with breed orc + fuck her + an interrogate to proc it. I could test it more, but I don't want to bang my head against a repetitive wall for finer tuned data after I already disproved my assertion. Also, I refuse to lose to her.

Reactions: VerySexyGrammar

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I lost 3 or 4 times on purpose (not comfortable having a tall sub) and then Arona demands the champ to help her overthrow her brother.. that doesn't seem much hassle at all tbh.

Engineerman

Jun 1, 2016
I lost 3 or 4 times on purpose (not comfortable having a tall sub) and then Arona demands the champ to help her overthrow her brother.. that doesn't seem much hassle at all tbh.
if you won Each fight, you could ask her to challenge you for dominance, if You throw the fight there’s no turning back and she’s fully dom, I always had high STR builds so it’s difficult to say what would happen if you lost to her if you tried. They should imlement the option to win for your dominance only once

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah being the sub is a one way trip for the champ, the only reason the dom can challenge to become sub for those who to be subs instead.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
It'd be nice to have some alternative options for getting into the camp on our terms, either bruteforcing the issue or finding the barely-hidden-passage on our own.

If that would lead to alternative question resolutions, like being able to side with Argoth or yeeting the whole camp out of the Marches, even better.

Arona's not going to fight her sub. Don't like subbing for her, don't lose.
I was pretty bummed out to find out that Arona is a pigheaded brat of a dom, unwilling to yield a millimeter of ground in her relationship with the Champ. That actually became the deal breaker for me even after I made peace with her overall style of domming.

At least you can always give her the boot or save edit.

Last edited:

JBento

Oct 30, 2021
If that would lead to alternative question resolutions, like being able to side with Argoth or yeeting the whole camp out of the Marches, even better.

I'm not sure how this would work, honestly. Yeeting the camp out of the Marches is out of the question, because that would require you, as the Warchief (because that's the only way they'll let you yeet them out of the Marches), to go with them, and obviously you can't do that. And part of the point of the whole Kervus storyline is that the Kervus already don't like what Argoth is doing, because Argoth has them sitting on their asses, and "sitting on your ass" is the quite possibly the worst possible thing for a CoC Orc. And you're not going to change Argoth's mind, because the dumb motherfucker had a DREAM OF GLORY!!11!!!1!

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Arona's not going to fight her sub. Don't like subbing for her, don't lose.
What about us winning comeback fight. I feel that constitutes as fighting as :her sub" and us putting a crack in that theorem. Which brings into question why that is even there to begin with if it is not going to influence our relationship with her in any way.

Last edited:

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
I can't remember the last time I actually went back to kervus on my main save. the only content that's even worth going their for me is Infrith and Hretha. I wouldn't mind more content but I feel like given the nature of the orcs the odds of it appealing to me are slim. As far as the, fighting Arona to get in goes, it could certainly stand to be less grindy. becoming her dom is certainly more of a hassle than becoming her sub given that every loss effects the score nearly twice as much as a win.

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
I can't remember the last time I actually went back to kervus on my main save. the only content that's even worth going their for me is Infrith and Hretha. I wouldn't mind more content but I feel like given the nature of the orcs the odds of it appealing to me are slim.
What about Ragnild? She's practically the opposite of the others, in that she wants a cute storybook romance.

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015

You'd have to be OK with losing to this idiot, though.

It's just annoying that obliterating her group with extreme ease has such a tiny impact on her. You'd think, after the third time, she'd understand that it's not just some fluke, she's less than a bug. But no. You have to do it a whole bunch of time before it finally registers.

I guess she's just too dumb...

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I think game is secretly trying to push people in becoming Aronas sub with how much of a breeze it is compared to gaining her "respect". Not working thought considering how many people just go for dom route.

Reactions: Daft Hellians

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
What's with the arona conspiracy all of the sudden? At this point, she has been in the game for a long time. At least one, maybe 2 level cap raises. Afaik she starts to be encounterable at level3, where she can pose a threat.

The game has changed a lot since then. At the time when she was introduced, you were more likely to roam the hills and encounter her anyways.

Reactions: Burnerbro and cobra

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
What about Ragnild? She's practically the opposite of the others, in that she wants a cute storybook romance.
I'm just not into her. big muscular women are a turn off for me.

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
I've gone through the game a bunch of times now, seen most dungeons over a half dozen times, but I've only done the Kervus camp once solely due to how much of a hassle it is to grind Arona. Every time, I'm like "Oh, I could do the orc camp... wait, no, I'd have to spend an hour grinding the Hills and I just can't be bothered".

That said, as someone pointed out earlier, the "Pick a Fight" button may have a positive impact on that. It's still going to be a massive pain doing something like 40 fights in a row to unlock the camp, but it'll be slightly less tedious.

I remain of the opinion that having to crush her close to ten times is just too much unnecessary grinding. I know she's dumb as fuck, but even the dumbest bullies understand their place once you've pounded their face into the ground two or three times.

Reactions: Burnerbro

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
What about her winning comeback fight. I feel that constitutes as fighting as :her sub" and us putting a crack in that theorem. Which brings into question why that is even there to begin with if it is not going to influence our relationship with her in any way.
Everything you just said... is wrong. Her 'comeback fight' is you as her dom deciding to give her a chance at being the one calling the shots. If you lose the fight it literally changes your entire relationship because it irreversibly flips her from Subrona to Domrona.

Reactions: JBento and Savin