An egregious oversight

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Rainbotox can color them sable, which is close to black.

Rubber-Made can turn them black, though with rather significant consequences.

If you want something else to turn them black, I suggest writing a lipstick item to handle it.

Reactions: CloudStriker

General Drayfox

Nov 7, 2016
Rainbotox can color them sable, which is close to black.

Rubber-Made can turn them black, though with rather significant consequences.

If you want something else to turn them black, I suggest writing a lipstick item to handle it.
I thought Rubber-Made turned them ruby? And Google is rather undecided on how brown sable actually is, which confuses me.

My post was meant to be a little more friendly, I forget that sarcasm doesn't come through well.
I'll happily write a new colour for rainbowtox though. I mean, it's only one word but...

General Drayfox

Nov 7, 2016
It's not a dedicated color change, and, if a player is desperately attached to their current lip size, they'd have to buy two doses (one to grow, one to shrink back down), but Lip Tease will allow the PC to have black lips, among other colors. It's actually ready for submission at the moment, even if Aislinn is a ways off. You think I should tug on Jacques' sleeve and see if he can put it in Ceria's vendor inventory until Aislinn is finished? Up to you. :p
Who do I have to blow to get it done? That's how things work around here, right?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
You can't blow a harpy...

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I thought Rubber-Made turned them ruby?
You're thinking Clearyu, which is what turns your lips ruby, at the cost of quite an intelligence drop.

Rainbowtox is most I can think that'll turn your lips close to black (Or well, sable, close enough) without any crazy side effects with your stats or bad ends, although it's randomization in color change is a pain in the ass to deal with.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
You think I should tug on Jacques' sleeve and see if he can put it in Ceria's vendor inventory until Aislinn is finished? Up to you. :p
Since Ceria and Aislinn work directly next to one another in the same store as each other, it would make the most sense for the two to have an identical inventory since it's just a question of who you're asking to ring you up.

Reactions: CloudStriker

General Drayfox

Nov 7, 2016
You're thinking Clearyu, which is what turns your lips ruby, at the cost of quite an intelligence drop.

Rainbowtox is most I can think that'll turn your lips close to black (Or well, sable, close enough) without any crazy side effects with your stats or bad ends, although it's randomization in color change is a pain in the ass to deal with.
Oh yeah, I mistook it for ClearYu since it's sold in the same shop and rubber-made kinda turns EVERYTHING black.
But seriously, it's difficult to find a clear answer to the sable thing, a lot of browns, a lot of black-browns.
Ain't got no room for space goths here.
Leave.
besides it's not strictly for goths

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
@Jacques00 , would it be possible to implement Lip Tease in some capacity, and then move it over to Aislinn's inventory when she's finished? Just curious. Never submitted a TF before.
Implemented in the pull request (#996).

I expanded its color library and increased the price, by like 6 times its suggested price... Might tweak it later, just not sure yet since this transformation item actually gives options whereas Rainbowtox is priced at 1000 with completely random effects. Couch's RainbowGaze item has also been inserted into Dr. Lessau's shop inventory (base price 1800) with a similar library of colors plus "glowing" colors.

Reactions: Couch and MistyBirb

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I think that's more a question of "Why is Rainbowtox so expensive?" I get the general desire to have reliable mods with several choices be pretty pricey in comparison to random ones, but at the end of the day all Lip Tease does is increase/decrease lipMod and change lip color. A price above 1k just feels like a huge rip-off.
I agree--The repricing was relatively based off of other item prices. I'll drop it down to 400 as a happy medium (since it is a JoyCo product). I also dropped Rainbotox down to 800 (it still needs to be relatively expensive due to its lore text), and Rainbow Gaze down to 900 (expensive since it has glowing colors).

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I'm glad to see that your concern got addressed so quickly and in sych a satisfying manner, Misty, and that OP will get a more focused way to get what they want.
:)
Oh! And I can like the great things you do now, Jacques! Have some likes! :p
Ideally, we need some sort of super-sized likes to mark things as timely and as useful as what Jacques does.

Last edited: