Alien: Covenant Review

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Hi guys, tell me in advance if I am allowed to do this, as 'General Bullshit' is a little vague on what I can or cannot post on this thread, so if you say I cannot do this plz be gentle and inform me of my misconduct.

Thank You

I'll keep this review a non-spoiler one for those who have yet to see it.
---

Recently released early in my little country of Indonesia, I have had the pleasure of watching Alien Covenant on the day of its release here. Surprisingly when I showed up, there was only one theater open as I have expected at least to have more than one theater to show it. Nevertheless, I came out surprisingly satisfied as the movie eventually came to its end.

Ever since the premiere of Prometheus and the hype that surrounded this movie, and its aadvertising, I have despised and more than once went on an ever ongoing ranting spree of the neverending downhill snowballing of the 'idiot ball' run. It did things and everyone in the movie acted like complete idiots that in no way deserved any sympathy out of me to care for the death of its crew.

It tried to do big things, and tried to act serious, but when you have your so-called crew of scientists act like complete dicks to each other, not to mention that uneeded twist the movie just cant be saved. Heck the Space Jockey (Ugghh! I refuse to call it an Engineer @&$&^#@$@#$&!!!!) lost any hope when he started to be a dick and acted like a caveman!

Thankfully, this was not case for Alien Covenant -for the most part-.

With the exception to some very glaring idiot ball actions -trust me you will see them very clearly-, Covenant reverses many of the descisions as well as the rational that seems to be absent from Prometheus, and makes sure that they here in this movie.

To quote my brother in summing up the movie in its entirety "empathy up, and knowledge down" this is by no means a derogatory statement, far from it, its almost a compliment to the movie's benefit. The decisions they make will urge you sometime to fist your hair or face palm at some of the actions done in this movie, however; the empathy, sincerity and safety of the crew will most certainly reach to some of you people out there when you actually watch it.

Alien Covenant is a satisfying successor to the Alien franchise compared to the brain dead and utter rage fuel that is Prometheus. While it did nothing to serve the overall lore and advancing any overarching story in its continuity, it can be mildly excused to if simply to serve as a simple horror movie. There will be moments however that will leave one either disappointed or confused as there are things here that conflicts with the lore or even moments of absurdity of it all.

Overall, I had a good time with Alien Covenant, and I definitely got my money's worth. I definitely will not be buying a copy of this anytime soon as I am not a big Alien fan and it has quite a low re-watch value once everything is said and done. Its definitely a good horror movie for the spring season worth watching, and while some questions were answered, it still left a few more that while I am sure will get a sequel to answer those other questions, I am not really holding my breath as I came for the scares and the characters and less about the lore.
---

That is all I have to say and I hope you guys will enjoy or hate this movie, once you have seen it. I cant wait to hear your thoughts guys.