Advice for Defeating The Alraune

blondegenius

Dec 18, 2018
Does anyone have any tips or hints for this? I can defeat all other enemies in the game and I'm at level 3, but I'm unable to get past this one. Maybe I'll have to wait until I can level up further?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Does anyone have any tips or hints for this? I can defeat all other enemies in the game and I'm at level 3, but I'm unable to get past this one. Maybe I'll have to wait until I can level up further?

Teasing her is effective; she's got very low Lust defenses. This will probably be the defacto way to drop her once your companions learn to tease, too, but for now...

If you want to go for the HP takedown, make sure you have a full party and HP/Res before going is (as usual). I've found that a combo of Whitefire and Shadow Strike takes her down pretty reliably. Summon Flame Spirit also helps; being a plant, she doesn't deal with fire damage very well.

That's also why Whitefire is super-effective: it deals Holy and Fire damage, which hits both of her elemental weaknesses. On the other hand, anything doing Blight damage is going to do basically fuckall to her.

Reactions: Senera2000

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
If you focus fire on her, you can completely roflstomp her in my experience. You're usually safe to completely ignore her summons. If they're proving to be too much of a problem for you, use an AoE attack to drop the adds when they do spawn. Make sure you are fully equipped and rested (so that you get all the rest perks), and you should be good to go.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Save your strongest attacks for when she's low. At 50% HP or Resolve she'll start using a super powerful lust aura that procs every turn. Once it's triggered you have to take her out within a couple turns or you'll lose.

Jul 25, 2018
Just have Brint and Cait in your party. The game basically auto-kills her without you putting forward any input.

On another note, Brint is a bit op for the early game content, I found. You can still lose if it's just him in your party, and the valley area is (thankfully) leveled so a Brint Train doesn't just slam on through everything. If you have Cait in your party, it's just a matter of if she procs when you're close to losing or not.

Senera2000

Oct 19, 2016
What Savin said.

>Be level 3.
>Have Bint and Cait in your party(Also level 3)
>Set up camp and sleep outside the entrance to the fight. (for the buffs)
>Take skills : White fire, Shadow strike and Summon Flame spirit.
>Use said skills.
>Pray to the RNG gods.

Rinse and repeat till you succeed.

Last edited:

Tamsee

Mar 2, 2018
Feels really role-dependent. Playing a white mage and using entropic winds at start made the fight very short and one-sided. Granted, it still is with two companions.

Senera2000

Oct 19, 2016
Alternate take:
>Be level 2 or higher with Bint and Cait
>Enable Easy Mode
>Win

Jul 25, 2018
Imagine being so bad you need easy mode when Bint and Cait are already easy mode for the fight.

Also, did the alraune herald hypnotize anyone's PC? I haven't happened upon such a scene (even in solo) so I have to assume the ability is fixed to only be used on any companions you have in the fight.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Imagine being so bad you need easy mode when Bint and Cait are already easy mode for the fight.

Also, did the alraune herald hypnotize anyone's PC? I haven't happened upon such a scene (even in solo) so I have to assume the ability is fixed to only be used on any companions you have in the fight.
Yeah it can only hit companions. It stuns indefinitely until she's disrupted or defeated, so if it could hit the PC you wouldn't be able to do anything the whole fight.

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
It should be a forum rule that whenever you want help with combat, you must say what class you are. Actually, it shouldn't, but in spirit it should be.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
The lead-in fight is tougher just because one of your party members gets disabled and the whole slew of them can be directed to focus on the PC. I was trying it with just Brint, too, so I had to summon the fire spirit to stand a chance.

Then the Alraune herself was just a matter of taking her down as quickly as possible. Losing to her usually happened only because the party wasn't in great shape after the first battle and it would have been trivial if I'd recruited Cait.