Add weapon buffs physical or magical dmg?

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
We got plenty of weapon buffs. Such as charge weapon, blue flame balde, song of storms, naphta or blood iris. Do they add their element as physical or magical dmg?

I would assume that skills which scale with spellpower add magical dmg. Like charge weapon adds magical holy dmg. If skills or items don't use spellpower, they add physical dmg. Like, blood iris adding physical blight dmg.

What about offensive items, such as leanen stones, ley-crystal grenade or wyvern venom?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The in-game descriptions answer most of your questions provided that you pay attention to the color of the numbers and compare them to the stat colors in the Codex. Blue Flame Blade, Charge Weapon and Song of Storms scale off Spellpower and do Fire/Holy/Storm damage respectively. Blood Iris scales off your Cunning and does Blight damage, Leananstone scales off both Cunning and Willpower and does Storm damage, Naptha scales off Cunning and Strength and does Fire damage, Wyvern Venom per the wiki scales off Cunning and does Pheromone damage.

Ley Crystal Grenade damage is based on your level rather than scaling from a specific stat (per the wiki) and does mixed Crushing, Blight and Fire damage.

Last edited:

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
You are correct, but these informations do not anwser my question. I should be more precise with my question: Is the added elemental dmg considered physical elemental dmg or magical elemental dmg?

Let me elaborate with an example:

The item card of the sanctified gladius reads: Attack: Physical, Penetrating: 25, Holy: 10. Due to attack: physical both the penetrating dmg and the holy dmg target armor. So it deals physical penetrating dmg and physical holy dmg

The item card of the divine blossom reads: Attack: Magical, Holy; 35. Due to attack: magical the attacks target ward. So it deals magical holy dmg.

The item card of the mushroom staff reads: Attack: Magical, Crushing: 20, Drug: 15. Due to Attack: Magical both the crushing dmg and drug dmg target ward. So it deals magical crushing dmg and magical drug dmg.

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
We got plenty of weapon buffs. Such as charge weapon, blue flame balde, song of storms, naphta or blood iris. Do they add their element as physical or magical dmg?

I would assume that skills which scale with spellpower add magical dmg. Like charge weapon adds magical holy dmg. If skills or items don't use spellpower, they add physical dmg. Like, blood iris adding physical blight dmg.

What about offensive items, such as leanen stones, ley-crystal grenade or wyvern venom?
They all add to whatever the weapon's base damage type is.
If it's a magic damage type weapon, they add as magical, physical = physical, mental = mental

Reactions: Bobonga

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
They all add to whatever the weapon's base damage type is.
If it's a magic damage type weapon, they add as magical, physical = physical, mental = mental
Thanks for the answer!