Accessing Breedwell Question

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
Why can't PC's with the sterile perk visit the location?

Even if you have the sterile perk you can still carry eggs to term, e.g. Venus pitchers and bothrioc eggs. So, I don't see why the PC can't be part of the breeding program... unless I missed something.

Reactions: Noob Salad

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Why can't PC's with the sterile perk visit the location?

Even if you have the sterile perk you can still carry eggs to term, e.g. Venus pitchers and bothrioc eggs. So, I don't see why the PC can't be part of the breeding program... unless I missed something.

The schtick of the place is that they're reach out and paying for particularly fertile individuals. If you've got the sterile perk, well...

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
It's pretty self evident, no? You have to supply spunk or prove you can carry your own and/or provide for long term incubation. Eggs are pretty much self reliant and relatively short term as a whole.

Also, if I remember correctly rahn use genetic material from "mother" as well, something I'd assume was from an ovum.

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
The schtick of the place is that they're reach out and paying for particularly fertile individuals. If you've got the sterile perk, well...
That's the thing, I already received the invitation after birthing the Venus pitchers. Yet I couldn't go there which I found a bit odd.

Also, if I remember correctly rahn use genetic material from "mother" as well, something I'd assume was from an ovum.
I don't know about that but the way the pregnancy works in the doc is very similar to how other eggnancies work.

So I feel sterile PCs shouldn't have a problem incubating the rahn eggs.

Keto

Jun 19, 2017
That's the thing, I already received the invitation after birthing the Venus pitchers. Yet I couldn't go there which I found a bit odd.

That is weird. Probably a bug. Either you shouldn't get the invite or the location needs to ignore sterility. My guess is the former.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016

I don't know about that but the way the pregnancy works in the doc is very similar to how other eggnancies work.

So I feel sterile PCs shouldn't have a problem incubating the rahn eggs.
Rahn pregnancies are unlike other eggnancies in that they need the incubator to be fertile and have a womb, or clones of the original are created, which is unwanted. Breedwell shouldn't give you an invite if you are sterile, but it doesn't check for that, only the number of kids.

Last edited:

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015

I see. Yeah, you shouldn't be getting the email in this case. I'll let Jacques know.

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
Rahn pregnancies are unlike other eggnancies in that it needs the incubator to be fertile and have a womb, or clones of the original are created, which is unwanted. Breedwell shouldn't give you an invite if you are sterile, but it doesn't check for that, only the number of kids.

I see. Yeah, you shouldn't be getting the email in this case. I'll let Jacques know.

Alright, now it makes sense.