A way to change the resolution in adobe air?

QuackerOats

Feb 7, 2018
I finally gave up on the SWF with the save function no longer working in firefox but what has kept me away from the AIR version is the text being all fuzzy with the loss of vector graphics. Is there a way to get it nice and crisp again?

1234567890van

Mar 28, 2018
Colony 9
I still use SWF so I'm probably not an authority on this but there doesn't seem to be a resolution option in the xml file. May I ask what your graphics card is? Testing it out on my PC it looks fine to me (though "fine" is subjective so I'll include a screenshot).

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    384.8 KB · Views: 8

QuackerOats

Feb 7, 2018
It's hard to show in an image but it's not an issue with the graphics of the game more that they are being displayed at a much lower resolution than my 1080p monitor and the sharp clean look of the game's visual design worsens it's still playable it's just kinda frustrating considering that the game is so nice looking in the swf's vector format

EDIT: here are attempts to capture the issue

adobe air res comparision.png swf resolution comparison.png

Last edited:

1234567890van

Mar 28, 2018
Colony 9
It's hard to show in an image but it's not an issue with the graphics of the game more that they are being displayed at a much lower resolution than my 1080p monitor and the sharp clean look of the game's visual design worsens it's still playable it's just kinda frustrating considering that the game is so nice looking in the swf's vector format

EDIT: here are attempts to capture the issue

View attachment 8793 View attachment 8794
I was asking about the graphics card more so because certain games aren't optimized for your card's global settings and it might be a good idea just to check and make sure it doesn't automatically run the game with poor settings. On my older PC the graphics were similarly blurry no matter where I ran this game so I suspect it's a compatibility issue rather than adobe air itself. It is crisp for me and I didn't have to change any settings so it's hard for me to troubleshoot this.