A Question About Drone Writing

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
What you've described, a hardlight bubble surrounding the user, is a shield. Hardlight is just a hologram providing cosmetic decoration to a shield.

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
What you've described, a hardlight bubble surrounding the user, is a shield. Hardlight is just a hologram providing cosmetic decoration to a shield.
Could you elaborate on this sentence? Something about it bothers me.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
A shield does not have to be in the form of a sphere. It can be any shape that the projector makes. The lava sabers that KihaCorp makes create a shield in the shape of a blade and fill it with molten metal.

Holograms are a separate piece of technology, which allows creating a 3D image in midair. These images do not have any physical substance, they're just pictures. We can do this today, future holograms are just better.

When you combine both pieces of technology, you get hardlight. The hologram provides the appearance, the shield provides the substance. If you were to create a hardlight body for Valeria and then bang her, you'd be banging a shield bubble shaped to look and feel like a fairy.

What this means is that your hardlight bubble is just a shield bubble, and should be treated like any other.

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
A shield does not have to be in the form of a sphere. It can be any shape that the projector makes. The lava sabers that KihaCorp makes create a shield in the shape of a blade and fill it with molten metal.

Holograms are a separate piece of technology, which allows creating a 3D image in midair. These images do not have any physical substance, they're just pictures. We can do this today, future holograms are just better.

When you combine both pieces of technology, you get hardlight. The hologram provides the appearance, the shield provides the substance. If you were to create a hardlight body for Valeria and then bang her, you'd be banging a shield bubble shaped to look and feel like a fairy.

What this means is that your hardlight bubble is just a shield bubble, and should be treated like any other.
Ah, that explains it. That haze in my head is gone.

Actually, nevermind. Got the answer, myself.