A pair of RP ideas, You pick which one.

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
Brief descriptions of the two ideas can found in this post.  They are only general plans and subject to change based on my mood and (potenial) player sujestions/requests.  Both games will involve some amout of shared GMing, but I will have the final word in case of disagreements.  Feel free to contribute your own ideas and ask questions.  Unless there is strong immediate support for one of the ideas this poll will remain at least through Thanksgiving.

No Comitment RP:

I will establish the world, including a method of transformation.  Players are free to come and go as they please and create their own stories within the world.  Players are encouraged to interact with each other.  Any player can run an unlimited number of characters.  

The currently planned setting will be near future Mall a few months after a mysterious device showed up capable of cause physical transformations for a ridiculously low fee.  No magic or future tech plaaned, besides good commerical VR.  

Dual World RP:

Those who participate will create a 'Player' and an 'Avatar'.  The 'players' are invited to join a closed beta for an expansion to a popular MMO.  The expansion centers on a dungeon called The Labyrinth of Lust.  The 'Avatars' are the 'players' characters in the MMO.  They will be used during dungeon raids which will take place in a chat program to move faster and will take place each week on a schedule TBD.   In between dungeon raids the 'players' are free to communicate in a thread here on the forums.  The 'avatars' can be any thing normally found in a fantasy MMO.  The 'players' will all start as  normal humans, but as the progresses the 'players will slowly start to change to resemble their 'avatars'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Del

Oct 23, 2015
I'd rather play the dual world one, mostly because of more story commitment, which I love.

Del

Oct 23, 2015
I do like the freedom of the other.  But I'm more in the mood for a story.

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
Seeing as how, the results are already so strongly in favor of one option I may close the poll earily and begin posting addtional information on the Dual world RP soon.

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
Informational Update:

The game version of the 'Real World" will be like a near future of the actual real world.  The MMO is a full emersion VR game in a high fantasy setting, swords, magic, and all that jazz.   Kind of like anime Sword Art Online for those that know it.  

The 'Players' can be from anywhere, Real places or fake ones, I place no restrictions.  Or if by mutual consent of all those particpating, all 'players' could reside in the same town.  Though as part of accepting the invite to the Beta test, 'players' will be given digital contact infpormation for each other.

The MMO portion will run using what I hope is an easy to use and understand stat system of my own design.  (I will post a preliminary version in a future post)  The Labyrinth of Lust will be a long series of small 'floors'.  My hope is for each floor will be conquered in 1 or 2 chat sessions.  Also, before the game would start, I will require each particpant to submiitt plans for at least two 'floors' of the Labyrinth of Lust.  What I would like to see included will also be added in a later post.  

There will be no offical classes when designing Avatars.  But I do ask that a Role be included, a 1-3 word description of the primary play style.  Examples would be: Tank, Healer, Ranged Attacker, Mage Thief.  

As before comments and questions are welcome.

Mustang Flex

Aug 27, 2015
This sounds interesting, It might be cool to have all the 'players' to start in the same town, but I'd be fine with either one.

mynamesuxs

Nov 2, 2015
ummmm, bit of a dunce idea here but maybe for classes you could consult d and d. again sorry if its a stupid idea but they have a solid class system, host picks a few for players to choose and bam

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
mynamesuxs: True, but i don't think that would be necessary.  Though the feat list may be useful and if someone wants to use a basic DnD class for their role, that could make things relatively easy.  Thank you for caring enough to post the suggestion.

tyr4n02r:  After reviewing the character generation posts (which will follow soon), interested parties can post preliminary character profiles and time availabity for live chat sessions.  

Keep in mind characters posted here may nned to be modified for the actual game.  And I will be considering both time availablity and thought put into the character when deciding who to invite into the game.   While i would love to have everyone praticpate that would not be feasible.     Drop Out positions will be offered to those that posted here first.

A quick terminology list to hopefully avoid confusion:

Persona:  formerly 'player'  The human character that controls an Avatar in Labyrinth of Lust MMO

Avatar:  a Persona's in game presence in the vietual world of Labyrinth of Lust

RW:  'real world' or the world in which the Persona's live

VW: 'virtual world'  encompasses all the virtual environs, including but not limited to the Labyrinth of Lust

Labyrinth of Lust: The beta test dugeon that is the source of all the weirdness about to happen

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
Current stat system rulles:  (Please comment so they can be improved)

Prime stats:

HP:  Hit points, you know waht they mean, when they hit 0 your Avatar is incapacitated.   Starts at 10

SP; Skill points, consumed by using special moves.   Starts at 10

LP:  Lust or libdo points.  When they reach zero an Avatar can only perform sexual actions and must accept any sexual proposition offered.  Restored by performing sexual actions.  Starts at 5

Core stats:  All start at 5

Strength or Str: An Avatar's physical power and toughness

Agility or Agi: An Avatar's physical speed and nimblenes

Focus or Fcs: An Avatar's mystical power and speed

Wisdom or Wis: An Avatar's mystical toughness and nimbleness

Charisma or Cha: An Avatar's sexual presence

Most actions are either 'Difficult' or 'Verus'.  Difficult actions resolved with a single d20 roll.  The die roll + most appropriate core stat +/- skill and other modifieras is compared to a static threshold.  If the total exceeds the threshold the action is sucessful.   Verus actions both parties roll a d20 and add all modifers, the party with the higher total wins.

Combat is a Verus action with extra rules to be presented in another post.

Building your Avatar:  You have 5 bonus points to spend in each stat catagory and can move up to 5 more within each catagory.  You may 'burn' 2 Core stat points for a third stating skill.  Skills will be given by me based on choosen Role.  You may also choose a single weak magic item.  The item's actual effects will be determined later.  You will also need:

Name:

Role

Detailed physical description including race and basic gear

Background story is optional.

Building your Persona:  This is the you in the game.  There are no stats to keep track of for the Persona.   You will need:

Name:

Home:  As specific as you wish.  If you wish to start in same town list as Town Y

Expanded physical description optional to start, but will be added to as the Persona slowly TFs to resemble the Avatar

Background story:  One paragraph minium, please.  More is better, but don't go overboard.

Darth_Lilith

Sep 3, 2015
Could we start now to send you all the information, or wait to a better moment that you have, Phil?

tyr4n02r

Aug 28, 2015
No Constitution? Im sure you know what you are doing, I just find it odd.

Could you clarify how we are supposed to build stats again? I didn't quite get it… Do we distribute the 5 points over all Prime Stats as a category instead of each stat? How many points do we distribute on Core Stats? 

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
Styx: None planned.  Buit Avatar's limited mostly to classic fantasy races and simple beast morphs (Humans with animal features) If any have questions is something specific will allowed I encourage you to ask.

Darth: You can send soon, but you should wait for me to post guide information for whatever you wish send to me.  Please put "Labyrinth of Lust" ot' 'LoL' and what you are sending in the subject line.

tyr4n20r:  Most consitution fuctions will be covered by HP or Str, so it would mostly be a waste stat points.

As for an example, I hope this helps:  

Defualt Prime stats are: HP:10,   SP:10,  LP: 5,  plus 5 unspent points.  

You can choose move up to 5 addtional stat points ,  That could look like:  HP: 10,  SP: 5, LP: 5, with now 10 points unspent

I can make the Avatar's Prime stats:  HP:20, SP:5 LP: 5,   Or HP: 15, SP: 5, LP: 10,  or even,  HP:14, SP:14, LP:2

But NOT: HP:7, SP:7, LP:16 or HP:20, SP:3, LP:7.   These exceed the 5 moved limit

Advancement:  1 Prime stat point for every Floor cleared,  1 Core stat point for every 3 floors cleared,  1 skill learned 5 floors clered.

I hope that clears things up.  Core stats work the same way, but draw from a completely seperate pool of points

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
Combat Rules:  (Work in progress)

Physical:

Attack: Most Ranged weapons Use Agi.  Most Melee weapons use Str.  There are exceptions.

Defense:  On def there are two options, Endure, or Dodge.

When you Endure, you brace and take the hit, It uses Str and armor bonus, but defender always takes at least 1 damage.

When you Dodge, you attempt to avoid the hit, It uses Agi and can reduce damage to 0, but bonus's are rare

Magic

Most magic uses Fcs,  but is divided into 5 elements:  Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Dark.  

Fire, Wind, Water, are Endured though Wis. And has Dominance in order of Fire over Wind, Wind over Water, Water over Fire.  Increasing damage by 50% or 100%

Dark Usually does LP damage and is resisted by Cha

Earth is resloved as Physical

Calculating damage:

[(Atacker's D20 roll + all bonuses from gear and skills) - (Defender's D20 roll + all bonuses from gear and skills)] / 2 =  damage done (rounded up) if positive,  If negative: 0 If dodged, 1 if Endured 

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
Example Avatar:

Maxwell

Role: Tank

Description: Guy in heavy armor with big sheild (Not Acceptable)

Back story: A Royal Paladin in training

Prime stats:  HP: 18     SP: 6     LP:  6

Core Stats:  Str:10  Agi: 3  Fcs: 3  Wis: 7  Cha: 7

Skills:  Adamant Defense, passive (Nat 20  Endure Roll Zero's damage, evn from criticals)  Heavy Blow, 3 SP (-2 vs Dodge, +4 vs Endure, min damage 2 when Endured)

Styx

Aug 26, 2015
OK so do we get 5 points for core stats and 5 more for prim? And how dose core stats effect prim stats ?

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
It was brought to my attention that I shoulkd mention this:

When writing a background for the Avatar, you may create Lore.   The only restrictions are, keep any 'world changing event' discriptions somewhat vague and keep it appropriate to the High Fanstasy setting of the primary unnamed MMO, no space travel and laser guns.

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
When designing your floors for the Labyrinth of Lust, keep this list in mind:

1) It needs an obstacle for the players to overcome.  It can be, combat, a maze, various types of puzzles, traps, a riddle game vs a sexy sphnix.  Any combination of things on my list and more.  Just make it fun.

2) A transformative threat.  Something on every floor should be able to cause changes to the Avatars.  A pit of slime.  Traps that will cause TF's if not disarmed.  A monster/magic field/whatever that Tf's incapictated Avatars.  TFs inflicted for incorrect answers to puzzles.

3) Two rewards.  One for completing the floor.  Another for completeing a bonus objective or exceptional performance.  The rewards can include things like usefull consumable items for attack and/or recovery, magic gear, Cosmetic/transformative items.   Restoration potions, which can undo unwanted TFs to Avatars should be availble and proprotional to the Transformative threat.

4) A theme.  While not necessary a theme might make decisions involving the other aspects easier.

5) Players will be invited to GM their own designed floors.  This is not required and I will decide what order the floors appear in.

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
For those of you who ar curious or require a bit of lore to get started,i offer this:

The MMO Wizards of Midgard, or WoM, is growing MMO in thr genre of high fantasy.  It built a reputation around an engine designed to react to user actions in a meaningful  way.  Outside of a set of 'training dungeons', events once completed stay completed.  Bosses may be refightable, but only thr first to complete each one recieves an exclusive reward and is recorded in a publicly veiwable database as the one who beat it.  In other areas, the system reacts to user actions.  The out come of war events, between different nations is very dependant on net user actions, even to the point of user actions being able to trigger a war by their actions.  This is accomplished by the sophisicated AIs that handle the regulr operation.

The Labyrinth of Lust, is the beta test of a planned expansion to add sexual mechanics and enhanced physical sensations to the game.  The persona's you design are the 'lucky' ones selected to particpate in the invite only beta test.  They recieve a free lifetime subsciption to WoM amoung other incentives for joining the LoL Beta Test.

When bulding your Avatar's you are free build lore and claim 'heroic' in their honor or infamy and any nations, guilds, or organizitions required.  The mainWoM game will come up,but importance wll dependant mostly on role play.  Unless I say otherwise, any lore posted by potenial players is considered cannon.

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
I will be accepting 'applications' for 3-5 player slots From now up until Christmas.  Post character and floor ideas here or send them in a PM (With LoL or Lbyrinth of Lust in subject line).

Please include a prefered/available  time for the chat sessions.  My availablity is rather flexible.  My prefered is Sunday Late afternoon into evening ET.

If I can get people organized I plan to start running the game in full swing early January,  but if things go well I am open starting as soon a times of players can be coordinated.