A Look at the Major Companies in the TITS-verse

JohanLitvisk

Aug 28, 2015
With everyone going on fuck huge discussions about Steele's age, the nature of personality and all the other fuckshit, I thought it be cool if we have an old flame war discussion about the TITS-verse again, this time talking about the major companies. Let's look at what we know (and note that this includes some of my personal conjectures based in how I interpret events).

Steele Tech

Of course, we have to talk about what we're inheriting. We know that Steele Tech was made primarily from mining and some technological advancements (our nanobots). As far as we know, Steele Tech is the least morally ambiguous company in the TITS universe, possible destruction of Tarkus and Myrillieon aside. That's not complete certain of course, as its soon to be CEO has the possibility of being a complete sociopath. Who knows what reprehensible things Steele jr. COULD have done/could do in the future, as it depends largely on the player. As a blank slate, Steele Tech seems benign, but of course, we won't really know until the devs (or some random I AM A BIG STINKY BRAIN) touches on any darker sides of Steele Tech.

Xenogen

Alright, this is our token evil corporation hiding under the pretense of genetic TFs for the enterprising gene modder. So far, we seen them enslave and experiment on ZIl (nice job Steele), supposedly kidnap a Naleen Princess and seek to profit from the turmoil on Myrilleon. As far as Xenogen is concerned, profits above all. Fuck all the backwater peasants. Xenogen also happens to be the biggest competitor to Steele Tech, also making economic rivals to Steele's (future) company. Of course this might by my own general interpretation, but the evidence I've read, they're definitely the most morally ambiguous mega-corp, imo.

JoyCo

I don't really have much to say on JoyCo. They seem to only care about making companion AIs more and more advanced. Of course, we could point to the old Bess/Ben-13 incident that their AI can be prone to become crazy and psychotic. That's could have been an unforeseen error, or it could have been caused by laziness. The answer is unclear. On the other hand, they did make the Vi-ko line, yet again they have a bunch of weird bits of fuckery. Those pass codes...why do they even exist? Regardless, JoyCo doesn't seem to be intentionally malicious. We'll have to wait for more lore on them as well.

KihaCorp

We know almost nothing about KihaCorp. They make highly advanced AI several degrees above JoyCo's basic breeding bots. They also make highly advanced weapons (ex. the Salamander line) and sell them for any frontier wranglers. Outside of that, we know nothing about them, only that the CEO hasn't been seen in quite some time. Nothing much I can really say on them.

Of course, these are the major ones. Who knows what else we got on the lesser known ones. Of course, these were general summaries. I know y'all have to have your own conjectures on these companies. Let's see what others think!

Reactions: Jongeedubs

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Oh god. Savin and Misty don't need any more distractions. Let them be free.

Why must you all hate pupper sluts, fairies, and Tsunderhime so much?

Last edited by a moderator:

JohanLitvisk

Aug 28, 2015
It's just the nature of the Fen Forums, running its course. I love puppysluts, harpies and the like, btw. Someone needs to ask the real questions...even if those questions are just conjecture.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
Somebody needs to link me to these puppysluts everyone's been talking about.

I'd like to know the theory behind ClearYu. I mean don't get me wrong, I love big kissable lips and I think there should be more lip TF items, but how can they market a product that has the side effect of turning its users into literal murderous sociopaths? Why is there not some regulation of an item like that the way there is of Throbb, Dumbfuck, Gush, and the like?

Also, from a meta standpoint, I'd love to know the inspiration or thought process behind ClearYu as a TF item. I always felt like it was a reference I wasn't getting.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Somebody needs to link me to these puppysluts everyone's been talking about.

I'd like to know the theory behind ClearYu. I mean don't get me wrong, I love big kissable lips and I think there should be more lip TF items, but how can they market a product that has the side effect of turning its users into literal murderous sociopaths? Why is there not some regulation of an item like that the way there is of Throbb, Dumbfuck, Gush, and the like?

Also, from a meta standpoint, I'd love to know the inspiration or thought process behind ClearYu as a TF item. I always felt like it was a reference I wasn't getting.

They're all banned substances outside of already morally questionable planets, such as New Texas. Or in the hands of criminals like Dr. Badger, and even Penny (Throbb is plenty fucked up, but not nearly as bad as the others).

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
They're all banned substances outside of already morally questionable planets, such as New Texas. Or in the hands of criminals like Dr. Badger, and even Penny (Throbb is plenty fucked up, but not nearly as bad as the others).

LOL throbb is a lightweight compared to some of the more illegal drugs out there. Suuuure you grow a dick, balls, get enlargement and cum production from it as well as an increased libido but at least your mind is intact. Although you do want to fuck everything in sight due to your libido increment BUT again at least the drug isn't fucking your mind up to be a brute or a bimbo. You just turn basically into a nymphomanic  :laugh:

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
LOL throbb is a lightweight compared to some of the more illegal drugs out there. Suuuure you grow a dick, balls, get enlargement and cum production from it as well as an increased libido but at least your mind is intact. Although you do want to fuck everything in sight due to your libido increment BUT again at least the drug isn't fucking your mind up to be a brute or a bimbo. You just turn basically into a nymphomanic  :laugh:

Makes you 4 times more likely to commit rape, iirc. Which is pretty light, yeah. Still fucked up, though.

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
Makes you 4 times more likely to commit rape, iirc. Which is pretty light, yeah. Still fucked up, though.

Have you played TiTS? The likely hood of committing rape is already 100%
I'd say it's more likely that you'd commit rape four times as often.
Though I'm not sure if it could be categorised as rape, 90% of TiTS encounters consist of an alien popping up telling you they want to have sex, you beating the shit out of them and then having sex.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016

Right. What I was asking was why ClearYu isn't regulated the same way, given that it can literally turn you into a mindless, unstoppable killing machine.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Right. What I was asking was why ClearYu isn't regulated the same way, given that it can literally turn you into a mindless, unstoppable killing machine.

It's not sold outside of New Texas, and given it's effect, we can use our inductive reasoning to tentatively conclude that it is banned across the UGC, which NT isn't a part of, to my recollection.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
It's not sold outside of New Texas, and given it's effect, we can use our inductive reasoning to tentatively conclude that it is banned across the UGC, which NT isn't a part of, to my recollection.

But you're not required to read the Codex on it before taking it the way you are with other controlled substances (outside Throbb which can't give you a bad end). In addition, its Codex entry makes no mention of regulation and isn't filed under Illegal Items.

It honestly seems to me like a tool for making a private slave army with incidental transformative effects which Xenogen, incredibly irresponsibly (in other news: sky is blue, film at eleven) decided to make its primary focus so they could market. If you assume its Codex entry was written in-universe by Xenogen it becomes even more sinister.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
A few things I must add from memory so they could be wrong.

Vic intentionally stunted Steele Tech in order to avoid getting dragged into expensive lawsuits, which means is a smaller than usual megacorp.

New Texas is part of the UGC they just have an exception for the Treatment because removing it completely would wreck their culture.

The info on the codex is written by the codex itself using information extracted from the Extranet,  which even includes things like obscure blogs. Ben/Bess event kinda confirms this.

ClearYu, if it is as it's described here should obviously be illegal and I don't see how Big T would approve it's sale.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
But you're not required to read the Codex on it before taking it the way you are with other controlled substances (outside Throbb which can't give you a bad end). In addition, its Codex entry makes no mention of regulation and isn't filed under Illegal Items.

It honestly seems to me like a tool for making a private slave army with incidental transformative effects which Xenogen, incredibly irresponsibly (in other news: sky is blue, film at eleven) decided to make its primary focus so they could market. If you assume its Codex entry was written in-universe by Xenogen it becomes even more sinister.

Uhhh Throbb CAN give you a bad end. Throbb is just the easiest to avoid.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
ClearYu was written by Adjatha, who has a major thing for bimbofying and petrification. He usually lets his dick do the writing and thinks about justifying it later (if ever). I've got to say I find CY the creepiest drug in the game, beating out even the Treatment, and it surprises me it doesn't come up more often.

However it's not out of place in this universe, and you can join the dots. Like @Woider says, NT has a special dispensation within the U.G.C., similarly to Ilium in ME2 or any number of tax havens in the real world. It's not much of a stretch to imagine all sorts of borderline shit similar to the Treatment is being sold there as a result.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Vic intentionally stunted Steele Tech in order to avoid getting dragged into expensive lawsuits, which means is a smaller than usual megacorp.

It also makes Steele Tech a lot more manageable. Combined with the fact that their sphere of interests doesn't lend itself to exploiting and dicking over the natives as much as Xenogen's or Iced Treats's does, it helps in establishing ST as a not-morally-bankrupt big business.

The info on the codex is written by the codex itself using information extracted from the Extranet,  which even includes things like obscure blogs. Ben/Bess event kinda confirms this.

That's actually a great point to bring up. I really hope that the piece of supposed premium class tech our Dad left us gives us more information than the equivalent of a quick scan through the first page of Space Google search.

I don't really have much to say on JoyCo. They seem to only care about making companion AIs more and more advanced. Of course, we could point to the old Bess/Ben-13 incident that their AI can be prone to become crazy and psychotic. That's could have been an unforeseen error, or it could have been caused by laziness. The answer is unclear. On the other hand, they did make the Vi-ko line, yet again they have a bunch of weird bits of fuckery. Those pass codes...why do they even exist? Regardless, JoyCo doesn't seem to be intentionally malicious. We'll have to wait for more lore on them as well.

JoyCo is a curious mix of Space Wal-Mart, a pharmaceutical giant, and a robotics company primarily oriented towards monopolizing the cheapest segment of that market. That's why their attempt to make their own companion AI turned out the way it did, and probably why their VI's are easier to hack than a space toaster.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016

That makes it even more sinister! The fact that no information about the side effects of ClearYu shows up in the Codex means that there is no information on the entire extranet. What does that imply to you?

Leaving aside the implications of such a thing in the first place (since many of you have raised good points about it only being sold on NT, etc.), Xenogen is actively suppressing information about a harmful product so they can sell more of it. Imagine what would happen to an Earth corporation discovered to be doing that (looking at you, Big Tobacco...). They would be justifiably crucified in the media and the courts.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I've got to say I find CY the creepiest drug in the game, beating out even the Treatment, and it surprises me it doesn't come up more often.

My guess is that no one cares about it. And with good reason, the effect is so damn uninteresting. Just a stat-redistributor...

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
My guess is that no one cares about it. And with good reason, the effect is so damn uninteresting. Just a stat-redistributor...

ClearYu is one of the only lip-size increasing items in the game, which is a pretty big deal for bimbo fetishists, among others. That's how I found the bad end in the first place - I was trying to pump up my lip size.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Tittyblossom superior lip-buffing option.

Overall I think most of the megacorps are intended to be morally neutral, with Xenogen, Carver and to a much lesser extent Snuggle tending towards evil while Steele Tech and Akkadi tend more towards good.  Steele Tech, of course, will go whatever way Captain Steele takes it, but if you want to use it to do good I think that's valid.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Tittyblossom superior lip-buffing option.

Overall I think most of the megacorps are intended to be morally neutral, with Xenogen, Carver and to a much lesser extent Snuggle tending towards evil while Steele Tech and Akkadi tend more towards good.  Steele Tech, of course, will go whatever way Captain Steele takes it, but if you want to use it to do good I think that's valid.

Carver though is a on shaky ground seeing as under the skirts they're an arm of the Black Void, I mean just look at the chat about the Mess Hall with Shekka, she practically states they Carver is abducting and shipping "slaves" offworld.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
That would be why I said they're evil, yes?  Xenogen is more affably evil but still morally repugnant, while Snuggle is more of the old-school colonial "white man's burden" evil that's much less overt.