A couple questions on the end of the Berwyn quest.

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
So personally I'm torn at having them together or Matiha over in the wayfort since I kind of wonder if having her will help (having a powerful witch on hand probably isn't a bad thing honestly I think about enchanting all the guards arms in the fort!). In theory it would help the wayfort but it's one of those things and a lot of it is my paranoia of what path might be supported or not if there is even later content for Berwyn/Wynne and Matiha mentioned or planned. I did hear maybe a hint of something on the forums if you send her to Evergreen buuuut I don't trust her so not doing that lol.

Other thing is I'm reading about it on both files is either Matiha talking about enchanting or Wynne (in my case) talking about it when they're together. Is actual enchanting going to be a thing I'm curious if there were any sort of plans in the works in the near or long term. I think Vivienne can also enchant too now that i think about it. If there's been nothing mentioned that's fine too but it's got interest piqued.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
If you want them to be a couple (or, including Champ, a throuple), have Matiha stay with Wynne. If you want Matiha all to yourself, keep her in the Wayfort.

I doubt that there'll be a meaningful advantage or disadvantage to any of the paths apart from maybe a disadvantage for the Obviously Stupid-Evil Path (sending her to Evergreen), and even then it feels unlikely. Make your choice based on how you want the relationships to work in-game rather than any criteria.

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
If you want them to be a couple (or, including Champ, a throuple), have Matiha stay with Wynne. If you want Matiha all to yourself, keep her in the Wayfort.

I doubt that there'll be a meaningful advantage or disadvantage to any of the paths apart from maybe a disadvantage for the Obviously Stupid-Evil Path (sending her to Evergreen), and even then it feels unlikely. Make your choice based on how you want the relationships to work in-game rather than any criteria.
Ehh the reasoning of sending her to the wayfort just made sense to me and they aren't exactly far apart It's a little weird to me it's treated as a like "oh they'll never see eachother again" kind of thing when i can set up a camp one space away from the fort or so but not a huge deal at the end of the day. It feels odd to say it's cause I want her to myself only but yeah I get ultimately what you're meaning lol. So yeah I'll just stick with Matiha in the fort and Wynne in the teleport tower and keep that save moving forward unless some big patch later changes things. Thanks.

Also admittedly I'm always in love with making a hub and populating it like the camp in coc1. Get in the fort beef it up and whatnot this becomes the sanctuary! Daliza wants a catapult I wanna be able to get a sidequest to get her a catapult! So I'm just going "everyone get in here!" well mostly unless it completely corrupts them since I don't want to do that tbh.

Reactions: Adan and Alypia

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
So I'm just going "everyone get in here!" well mostly unless it completely corrupts them since I don't want to do that tbh.
The Wayfort will be as pure or corrupt as you would like. It all depends on who you put there. :)

Adan

May 26, 2018
The Wayfort will be as pure or corrupt as you would like. It all depends on who you put there. :)

I wonder if there are either-or sitations, like if I get X to settle in then I wont have that option with Y. or can I just recruit everyone?

Joey75421

Dec 3, 2016
I wonder if there are either-or sitations, like if I get X to settle in then I wont have that option with Y. or can I just recruit everyone?
I think sending Jael'yn to the Wayfort at all ends up with her being corrupted.

Adan

May 26, 2018
Yes the warning does say that. Maybe she only does not get corrupted if you dont have Alraune or anyone there to corrupt her. But I havent tried.

I meant the question more in general: could recruiting a character result in me not being able to recruit another?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Jael'yn will always get corrupted if you send her to the Wayfort. because you will always have at least Farrah there to fuck the soul out of her, due to the fact that you can't meet Farrah (and thus choose to kick her out) until after clearing the Palace of Ice.

But to answer the earlier question, there are no mutually-exclusive Wayfort 'recruits' at this point and there probably won't be.

Reactions: Adan