2 Questions (Jerryn and Kiro)

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
1. Are there any pending updates for Jerynn?
The content is great, I'm just asking because some of it gives the impression that it's incomplete. For example, after the mod option section, she constantly warns the PC about taking matters into her own hands should they continue to put themselves in danger. This blurb never changes, even after much time has passed, and she never acts on it. There also appears to be code that activates if the PC is a sub and Jerynn is designated as the mistress, but Ara Kei never gives the actual option to designate her as one. This may have been a misreading on my part.

2. Some of the out of place items on Uveto like the consentacles tank are saved under a kiro quest folder heading. Are there any plans for this content, and if so, how far out might they be?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Are there any pending updates for Jerynn?
No, sadly. As much as I'd love for @Gedan to be full-time D/s writer.

This blurb never changes, even after much time has passed, and she never acts on it.
You can get into a Bad End with her by choosing to stay inside the Cozy Comfy Coat. You know you want to.

Ara Kei never gives the actual option to designate her as one.
Sheet, Ara Kei can't keep track of every dom. Pretty sure she was written long before Jerynn.

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
Sheet, Ara Kei can't keep track of every dom. Pretty sure she was written long before Jerynn.

She was, just an observation. There' a bit of code that never fires because some conditions related to choosing Jerynn as a dom are never set. The content is all really good. The whole thing is the perfect bad end and is very well written. Was just curious about whether or not some gaps would be filled.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Wait I'm still confused, you're saying Ara Kei has coded blurbs for if Jerynn is your mistress? She should only be checking for Gene, Lane, Sera, and Xanthe.

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
Scratch that. It was a misread.

There does seem to be some bothriac interactable condition based around the function check isSubby(), which is a condition that can be triggered by repeated submission to the bothriac.Once it's been met, refusal options are disabled during Jerynn interactions. A hasty read led me to believe that the final refusal while in the jacket would be disabled as well if Jerynn was set as a mistress, but it doesn't look like that's the case.

Reactions: kell0204

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
isSubby is true if you have Peace of Mind, which you can get from the Bothrioc. But there'll be other ways to be considered Subby in the future, and/or you'll be able to get Peace of Mind in other ways.

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
Thanks for the responses and the information. Anyone know anything about the second question?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Thanks for the responses and the information. Anyone know anything about the second question?
Yes, all of those items will be part of Kiro's recruitment quest. The general gist of it is that Kiro will be captured by some sort of mad scientist, and you'll rescue her. Those items will be creations of the scientist that you can confiscate. As for when that content will be available, it won't be anytime soon, several months at minimum, as it's not at the top of the to-do list. It's not at the bottom either, so hopefully not too long.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Same, I didn't notice Jerynn until like 3 months after she was coded.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I am not a backer, if that has anything to do with it, but I haven't been able to do anything with Ara Kei so far.

KWJ

Jan 21, 2017
One step aside, how about the Buttslutinator? In what it is supposed to be working?

Danni

Aug 8, 2017
If someone else, other than Gedan, were to submit a scene ..... or two for Jerryn would it be dismissed or considered?

Don't want to step on toes...

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
If someone else, other than Gedan, were to submit a scene ..... or two for Jerryn would it be dismissed or considered?

Don't want to step on toes...

Go to the event submissions sub-thread and check the guides. I'm pretty sure you'd need the consent of the author. In this case, its the code dragon herself.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Go to the event submissions sub-thread and check the guides. I'm pretty sure you'd need the consent of the author. In this case, its the code dragon herself.

You don't need the author's permission because Fen owns all rights to any scene and character that gets added to the game, but it's a basic courtesy to ask the author for permission if s/he's still active and you're expected to meet certain quality standards and of course devs have veto rights.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
You don't need the author's permission because Fen owns all rights to any scene and character that gets added to the game, but it's a basic courtesy to ask the author for permission if s/he's still active and you're expected to meet certain quality standards and of course devs have veto rights.

that and trying to write in the flavor of how the character sounds and acts is very hard to duplicate compared to the original author. Also since said author sort or has Fen's ear it's quite possible that if they don't like what's being written and it isn't up to snuff with how they wrote or what fen likes to see it's highly possible that it will be shot down.

Reactions: KWJ

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah go for it, I already asked permission and got it.

KWJ

Jan 21, 2017
that and trying to write in the flavor of how the character sounds and acts is very hard to duplicate compared to the original author.

I agree with this. In my grief, I found myself neither be able to copy from an existing character storyline, nor creative enough to create my own story. Now I'm just thinking about improving some game systems, but jumping into a new program code is very tiresome...