[1.4] I made a build that can solo every encounter in the game

Ideo

May 30, 2016
So after some testing I come up with a LV3 build that can win every fight in the game (as of version 1.4) without companions.

However,
this does NOT mean you can solo the game, first you have to get to level 3, level up certain stats and acquire several powers and specific gear, which means you will still need your companions help until the build is ready.

Do note as well that this build is not invincible, since a great deal of how combat plays out depends on RNG you will still lose sometimes but should still win the majority of your encounters except one:

The Alraune is by far the hardest to beat solo, it took me around 15 tries and to be honest the only reason I won is because the RNG gods took pity on me on that particular fight. Still, this proves its posible to beat her solo even if the chance of doing is very small.

So I was originally planning to post a save file of the build here but then I remembered that Savin made it very clear that the game is not meant to be played solo after some people complained about it and I don't want to upset the devs (not to mention that Drake will probably nerf this build to the ground if I show it). So sorry about being a cocktease guys but until one of the devs says its ok to show the build I think I will refrain from posting it.

In the meantime here are some screenshots which prove I am not lying.

Attachments

• coc2solobuildalraune.png
    coc2solobuildalraune.png
    885.7 KB · Views: 108
  • coc2solobuild.png
    coc2solobuild.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • coc2solobuild2.png
    coc2solobuild2.png
    995.5 KB · Views: 99

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Congratulations.

While I'm not going to speak for Savin, I'm not particularly worried. The game is still early in development, there's going to be a balance pass down the line, and as of now the only zones open are the starter zones and the Alraune is more of a warm-up boss than anything serious -- she's going to only get easier once we get in some proper way of exploiting her primary weakness.

Bask in your victory for now; there's more to come down the line.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, if you go super tryhard and manage to solo, I'm totally fine with that. More power to you!

When I say the game isn't meant to be played solo, I meant it at face value: we're not going to balance anything around it, and certainly won't actively encourage people to do it -- you're giving yourself an inherently worse experience -- but we obviously do allow it and account for it in writing.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Yeah, if you go super tryhard and manage to solo, I'm totally fine with that. More power to you!

When I say the game isn't meant to be played solo, I meant it at face value: we're not going to balance anything around it, and certainly won't actively encourage people to do it -- you're giving yourself an inherently worse experience -- but we obviously do allow it and account for it in writing.

Sounds like a self-imposed hard mode lol

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015

Huh? Sounds like you're telling him to still get companions.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Huh? Sounds like you're telling him to still get companions.

... I am. He should. You should always have companions. Even if you can solo the game, it doesn't mean you should. You're going to miss out on a lot of content.