[ 0.9.108-PUBLIC-ELECTRON#5358][also browser version] Cheats menu disabled / sort of fixed now

Stev3DD

May 20, 2023
Triple clicking [ i ] no longer activates cheats menu. Menu itself still works, if enabled in previous version.

EDIT:

Ok, I did a little more digging. And found that cheat menu works, but not all saves. So, let's dig deeper; saves that cannot cheat have a line: "CHEATS_ENABLED":0 in them. How did it get there? No idea. Saves that have never used cheats, don't seem to have any such line and those that have cheats active have "CHEATS_ENABLED":1 line, which is removed when using Close Cheats -button. If I manually edit save file, either changing 0 to 1, or removing CHEATS_ENABLED completely, cheat activation works again.

Last edited:

Stev3DD

May 20, 2023
I tried download versions .106 and .107, in them cheat menu activates, but not in .108. I also tried browser version in Firefox, Edge and Vivaldi, cannot activate cheats in any of them.

Aug 26, 2024
The issue is flags.CHEATS_ENABLED being set to 0, which as far as I can tell can't happen naturally in the current version of the game. When disabling cheats with the "Close Cheats" button flags.CHEATS_ENABLED is set to undefined, not 0. If flags.CHEATS_ENABLED is set to anything other than 1 or undefined cheats will break. I just tested it and this happens on 106 and 107 too, so I don't know how you managed to enable cheats on those versions if flags.CHEATS_ENABLED was set to 0.

Seems like either an artifact of an old save or a mistaken save edit. To fix cheats, just open up the console (ctrl + shift + i) and enter:
Code:
flags.CHEATS_ENABLED = 1