[0.9.102-BACKER#5025] Frostwyrm Pregnancy/Incubation Issues

Wafflesnake

Nov 4, 2023
While testing Frostwyrm content for the wiki I ran into a couple issues that I've noticed a couple people talking about in other threads and in discord. None of those people cared to actually report anything or investigate further so I spent some time doing it myself. The save frostwyrm testing is a character ready to go straight to the Frostwyrm lair, nobody is currently pregnant or softlocked.

Frosty has both an option to Wait out a pregnancy in her "main menu", skipping to birth for both herself and Steele. The button does not appear if Steele is carrying Flurry's kips.

This overrides the Incubate option, which correctly appears when eggs are available to be incubated. This button will appear for eggs sired by Flurry.

If Steele is impregnated by Frosty, then chooses to leave the lair, if they return and play a scene that would normally result in a pregnancy, they are unable to Wait from the after sex scene, despite being currently pregnant. The player must use the "main menu" wait button, which works as intended.

This is contrasted by Flurry, if you do the same thing, the after sex Wait button is enabled and will fast forward to the birth of the egg for Steele. This only occurs if the egg belongs to Flurry.

If the Conservation > On Top scene is chosen, Flurry is impregnated with a pureblood Frostwyrm.

At this point, if Steele does any scene that results in them being impregnated and waiting via the after sex button, the pureblood birth scene plays. Upon leaving the lair, Steele then undergoes a normal birth as if they did not Wait the pregnancy out in the lair.

Additionally, if Steele Leaves without waiting out the birth, then is impregnated by Frosty, Waiting out the birth and incubation through the after sex menus will lock Flurry in a permanently pregnant state. I did a couple other cases of testing with various combinations of after sex Waiting, Leaving, and, Incubating with both frostwyrms and the common denominator seems to be Steele being pregnant with Frosty's children while Flurry is pregnant with a pureblood.

I have attached a save (flurry perma preg prep) that just completed the Conservation > On Top sequence. To lock Flurry into a perma preg state, do any scene involving Frosty impregnating Steele, then use any method to progress the pregnancy. Once all pregnancies have been birthed (a requirement for the for Conservation), going back to Flurry to try it again will say that he is still pregnant.

Note that this is an existing issue: https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/requesting-some-clarification-regarding-frostwyrm-content.38864/

For Conservation > On Bottom
Steele is supposed to be impregnated by Frosty but is not. I believe the Wait scene that plays is the regular "Flurry impregnates Steele" scene, rather than the "flurryGotPregFourMonths" scene that contains variations for which frostwyrm currently has a pureblood.

Frosty is impregnated with a pureblood wyrm. If Steele then is impregnated by Frosty in a regular scene, they are able to Wait, and give birth, as noted by a previous thread, the pureblood birth scene only occurs if you go through the Waiting in Flurry's post sex. However, Frosty's scenes handle Steele and Frosty being pregnant simultaneously while Flurry's do not, hence why Steele does not get a separate birthing scene after leaving the lair.

Attachments

• flurry perma preg prep.json
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • frostwyrm testing.json
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Thanks for all the effort you did looking into this. It is appreciated when a save and detailed repro steps are included. I'll take a look next week. While I didn't code Flurry I think that the writer did not write special scenes for Flurry and Steele preg like he did for Frosty. So that will not be changed. But I can fix the pregnancy lock at least.

Reactions: Wafflesnake