0.9.099-PUBLIC#4942 No Metal Collar on Uveto...aslo Syri never leaves Mhen'ga

Adda

Jun 23, 2022
This may be a repeat. I saw something a week or so ago saying unable to get into AcuPitch Labs. At that time I was able to get in so I figured it had been fixed. Now on a new playthrough I cannot find the metal colar and thus cannot get into the lab. Also, while level 10 and visiting Syri often the 'give panties' scene has not triggered. That hasn't happened to any of my Steeles previously.

Attachments

• Kaylee (F) - 22Hrs 4Mins, 163 Days - Uveto Station, Siretta.json
    841.8 KB · Views: 4

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
The Metal Collar missing seems to have been fixed for next. Not sure about Syri, I don't think we touched that recently.

Edit: it's a one in five chance of the scene showing when you fly to Mhenga. I wasn't able to get it organically in limited testing, but I stripped out the rand bit from the code and it works fine. Keep flying!

Last edited:

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
That's one of the problems with using a random gate for an event - there is no guarantee the event will ever fire. Sure, mathematically in the limit as the number of times tried goes to infinity it will fire, eventually, but for finite numbers it's not guaranteed. Moreover, "it hasn't happened 20 time in a row, it's bound to happen next time" is called the gambler's fallacy for a reason.
May I suggest you augment such gates with a counter, so that if the event hasn't fired in "N" tries, it is forced to fire without checking the random number generator?

Reactions: Bast

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
Gacha's will often do that (a 'pity' system) but it's unlikely to happen as we just have too many events and gates in the game.