[0.9.098-PUBLIC#4894] Uveto Storm Warnings

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Returning Nayna's Weather Drones is supposed to warn the player of upcoming storms. I don't think it does.

Intense Sudden Blizzard! said:
Though Uveto’s always cold and snowy, you can’t help but notice it’s getting worse... and worse... and worse. You wrap your arms around yourself, now really wishing you had a heat belt. You don’t know how long you’re gonna last out here! You glance around for shelter, or a clear path to let you get going a little faster... you don’t want to be out in the open much longer.
Small request: Can there be a small alteration if the player has Icy Veins or Wooly? Or even just 50% Freezing Resist from gear or Thermal Pack. You don't need a Heat Belt in that case, and don't take damage.
Though Uveto’s always cold and snowy, you can’t help but notice it’s getting worse... and worse... and worse. Thanks to your thick fur/feathers/wool/winter equipment (Icy Veins/Wooly/Gear), you're not in danger from the cold, but the wind is intensifying, and your protection does nothing against the blinding snow. You glance around for shelter, or a clear path to let you get going a little faster... you don’t want to be out in the open much longer.
Something like this, maybe.

Last edited:

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
Returning Nayna's Weather Drones is supposed to warn the player of upcoming storms. I don't think it does.
I'm not seeing anything in the code that would have done this. Is it coming from one of her scenes?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
It used to give readouts like this:
Your codex beeps, warning you of a coming storm on Uveto’s surface. Sure enough, as you look up, the skies above have become murky, dark and agitated. You should tread carefully for the next few hours...

The Wiki says 'The player will only be able to effectively predict incoming storms with their Codex if they completed Nayna's Weather Drone Recovery Quest'.
Could be wrong. or something that was never fully implemented, Now that I've gone back to test, it seems to do that for characters that haven't done Nayna's quest as well...

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks for the clarification.
The Codex alert doesn't appear, regardless. Is that intentional?