[0.9.094-PUBLIC#4782] Weird Save Loading anomaly seemingly unique to my machine

nebulous_doofus

Jul 8, 2022
This bug started out as a weird save debilitating issue where upon opening the save menu I had no access to any of the buttons that would normally allow for the loading and saving the game, and thus I was pretty stuck. That issue has seemingly fixed itself on its own entirely for reasons I can not currently understand.
Then I tried asking about a loading issue that has been popping up for the last few releases of the game when I tried loading from file, attached below along with a save. We found that the issue acutally has nothing to do with the save file.

Upon testing I found out that issue persisted on the download version on my machine which is, to my knowllede, running on the most current version of windows 11, as well as on the in window versions of the game on both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. But it bizarrely works completely fine for Firefox, so I have a place to actually load my backed up saves in the event that the downloaded version on my machine decides to refresh and delete the save data on there.

The conclusion here is that, for some reason my machine does not like loading these saves from file, unless it's on Firefox, in which case all is well [somehow]. This seems totally unique to me, however, and not something wrong with the game itself.

Attachments

• 1712273018432.png
    1712273018432.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Nelala (H) - 6Hrs 19Mins, 1962 Days - Platinum Verve, Sindathu.json
    921.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I can load your save file on my machine just fine (Firefox and Chrome). Is this still an issue for you?

nebulous_doofus

Jul 8, 2022
I downloaded the latest public version of the game and tried loading my save on it and on Chrome as well and I still experience the issue. Firefox still works completely fine.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I suppose, assuming you are using the latest version of whichever browser you choose, you should double check any of the privacy and permission settings to make sure they don't disallow reading and writing files. Aside from that, I'm not quite sure what is limiting the functionality for you.

nebulous_doofus

Jul 8, 2022
Nope, I opened up the properties of the download folder for the latest public version of the game, and in the security tab I gave everything permission to read and write and I still experience the issue. At this point this is just an experiment to try and find out why this is actually happening, because I've just accepted that I'm playing in the Firefox browser from now on.