[0.9.089-PUBLIC-ANDROID#4557] unable to sell if PC has Negative Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameCrazed

Oct 2, 2019
Problem:
If the PC has Negative Credits, you are unable to sell ANYTHING to ANY vender unless the total amount of credits earned from the sold items equals the total amount that returns PC credit balance to 0 or greater.

Lane on Tarkus is able to reduce the PC into the Negatives with the weekly payments the PC sends her.

Save attached.

Attachments

• Negative Muny.json
    670.4 KB · Views: 4

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Hopefully fixed for the next release. If you have negative money, you'll be able to checkout only if you are selling items. Otherwise, buying items will require the total to be a net positive, as it is now.

GameCrazed

Oct 2, 2019
Hopefully fixed for the next release. If you have negative money, you'll be able to checkout only if you are selling items. Otherwise, buying items will require the total to be a net positive, as it is now.
That's an oof if someone ends up being in the hole for several thousand. I know you could cheat some in but not every one likes cheats.

Idk how u fixed it but if you can't stop the game from going into the negatives you could maybe make it so lanes payments stop at 0 or prevents payments from being made if the PC doesn't have 500, and resume when you do.

Also I don't know if there are other ways to go into the negatives.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
That's an oof if someone ends up being in the hole for several thousand. I know you could cheat some in but not every one likes cheats.

Idk how u fixed it but if you can't stop the game from going into the negatives you could maybe make it so lanes payments stop at 0 or prevents payments from being made if the PC doesn't have 500, and resume when you do.

Also I don't know if there are other ways to go into the negatives.
Alright, I've added a condition for the next release to where Lane will only take any credits up to the last 500 credits. So you can still hit negative, just not constantly--I do think a daily negative of 500 is too punishing, so hopefully this helps. If playing in easy mode, it'll just take up to the last credit.

There are probably other possible ways to get into debt, so preventing negative credits was never an explicit intention, but it is rarely ever encountered. A more pressing concern is if credits end up turning into a NaN or decimal value.

GameCrazed

Oct 2, 2019
Alright, I've added a condition for the next release to where Lane will only take any credits up to the last 500 credits. So you can still hit negative, just not constantly--I do think a daily negative of 500 is too punishing, so hopefully this helps. If playing in easy mode, it'll just take up to the last credit.

There are probably other possible ways to get into debt, so preventing negative credits was never an explicit intention, but it is rarely ever encountered. A more pressing concern is if credits end up turning into a NaN or decimal value.
Honestly, being in the negatives didn't bother me. I just couldnt sell anything to get out out it. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.