[0.9.080-PUBLIC#4130] Hellhound Request and a Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
1. Gedan has said Hellhound should probably be it's own race by now, since it's kind of awkward to get.
Gedan said:
Hellhound things: I guess at this point it should be split off into its own dedicated mix of things rather than just being a name-sepcialization for canine under certain circumstances. It would also make more sense to do this under the concept of us (eventually) adding a means to pick a preferred winner out of the highest scores but I'm not going to mess with it much right now. I've stuck it in the pile of enhancements for later™
In no particular order:
1. Eyes only count if you have a 'Human' or 'Demonic' face, so you can't qualify for that point with Canine/Lupine/Warg.
2. Hooved legs count, but that's a different kind of demon.
3. Demonic Arms, Legs, Tail and Ears don't have fur, so it looks kind of weird in my mental image.
3. Easiest 3 Demon points qualify for are Wings, Horns and Tongue.
4. After the Canine-Lupine split, Lupine parts no longer count in general. Since I have a Steele that was built as a Lupine-based Hellhound, this is kind of a personal peeve.

2. What happened to the 'Pick your favored Race from a list' idea? Scrapped? Delayed indefinitely?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I may need a save file with a sample character (as much as a hellhound as possible) to test with, but I think I have the rules in place. I just need to test for conflicts in the point weighting.

So when I push through my edits, the "hellhound" should be its own separate race (I'll leave the "hellhound-morph" as a variant in the canine races in case that is ever reached). The only minor issue may be that even though the scoring counts for lupine parts, if a hellhound is addressed with a "short" variant of the race, it'll be considered as a "canine" race since it can't really parse out "lupine" from "hellhound" (similar to how "worg" is also considered "canine").

As for the "Preferred Species", at the moment, it is a dev-only feature. I know that Gedan coded the bulk of it and I went in and prettied it up some. I think it is pending to be fully tested, reviewed and tweaked by Gedan before being released into the wild.

Reactions: Starfoam and Theron

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I may need a save file with a sample character (as much as a hellhound as possible) to test with, but I think I have the rules in place. I just need to test for conflicts in the point weighting.
Here's my once-(and-hopefully-future-)Hellhound.

Status
Not open for further replies.