[0.9.046-PUBLIC#3154] Blackjack Custom Bets

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
1. When on the Game Floor, there's automatically a text/input box for custom bets. If you select Roo, she generates a new one that doesn't inherit any value placed in the first one. You either need to re-enter what you want to bet or ignore the first box entirely. In contrast, selecting the Robot dealer goes directly into a game with the bet.

2. The player wins ties with Roo, unless it's a Blackjack. Or that's what the text box says, anyway.

3. If you back out of a game with the Robot Dealer, the text box shows your current money, as if you're betting everything by default. but if you play a game, you only bet 500.

Last edited:

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I've made some changes that may fix this for the next release, but I may need a save file to test with just in case.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Thanks. I made some more adjustments for the next release that should hopefully fix these issues.

After backing out of a game, returning should properly reset the bet back to the default value (500 credits). It should only ever show the player's credits value if the current number of credits is below the default bet.

For the Blackjack rules, it goes in this order:
  • If both sides Bust, it is an automatic loss and House wins.
  • If both sides get Blackjack, currently the House will win. I've changed it so that if Roo is the dealer, she'll treat it as a tie so the Player will win. If Roo is not the dealer, there was also a note that if this tie condition is met, the side with the most cards in hand will win--otherwise, the House will always win; so I've implemented this rule as well, as rare as it is to get this outcome.
  • If the player Busts, House wins.
  • If the dealer Busts, Player wins.
  • If both sides tie, the game is a push and the Player doesn't lose money for that round. If the dealer is Roo, then Player wins.
  • If dealer gets Blackjack or has a greater score, House wins.
  • If player gets Blackjack or has a greater score, Player wins.

Hope that helps.